Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super slow broadband

69 REPLIES 69
django68
Conversation Starter

On Saturday my landline died and internet unusably slow. The phoneline is now back up after 3 outages but broadband still at an absolute crawl.

After trying live chat, text help and calling tech support I am waiting a new router. As explained to previous agents I already tried a different router and cabling with absolutely no difference.

I was told Bt may be called but not heard anything since.

How long can I expect wait for the router to arrive?

Thanks Andrew

Community Team

Hi

I've reset the port and DLM for you.

test again and see what speeds you are seeing.

Thanks

Karl. 

django68
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the reply. No change cant test speed as pages time out.

Please tell me what is happening ive had no update or router delivered. Calls on divert still.

Having to post from mobile fone.

Thanks Andrew

Community Team

Hi

Router was dispatched yesterday so should be with you soon.

All tests are currently clear so when the new router arrives, this will show if the router itself is at fault.

Thanks

Karl. 

django68
Conversation Starter

Just got email claiming a network fault was to blame and it should now be fixed.

It isn't. Still unusably slow. Router should be delivered in an hour or so, will report back then.

Andrew

django68
Conversation Starter

New router arrived and installed. No improvement as I predicted to your agents.

I notice there is more noise on the phoneline with the new filters and equipment than before.

No coincidence that this broadband outage coincided with my landline going off on Saturday.

I'm no closer to a resolution now than when I initially reported the fault.

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update. I've optimised the connection now that the replacement router is connected. Could you retest and let us know if there is any improvement in speed please?

In regards to the noise, is the noise present with just the phone connected and with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
django68
Conversation Starter

still no change

Just to add my mobile fone also has the same slow response when connected to the wifi.

The noise is more noticable with new  router connected.

Day 5 now.

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update. Is there any noise on the line with just the phone connected and everything else removed? What speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter

As I said I cant test speeds as test pages wont load. Noise without router seems negligible.

Just spent 30ms on tech support line again and they said they could see broadband disconnecting. They then said they had made adjustments and it should be working. It isn't.

Surely the fact something went wrong with the landline Saturday at the same time should raise a red flag as the problem. Instead you just keep blaming the router even though 3 different ones have the same result.

django68
Conversation Starter

And now internet light is red and landline bleeping as on Saturday when this started.

What is going on.

Community Team

Hi django68

Apologies for the delay.

If the noise is still present with a corded handset at the test socket and with the router removed from the line then we can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

As I said there is some noide on landline.

What happened between 10.35 and 11.20 today when my line died (previous message)

I'll say it again  My landline died Saturday and broadband hasnt worked properly since.

THAT needs investigating.

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew

A line test was completed earlier today, this can cause the connection and phone line to drop, apologies for this.

I've escalated this over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Our Network Team have advised that there was recently an issue at the exchange which has been resolved.

They have asked if you can test with just the phone at the test socket again to see if there is any noise present?

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

As ive alread state noise on landline in test socket with no router seems normal.

If there was an issue at the exchange whatever was done to resolve that seems to have crippled my broadband.

I keep being told line tests have passed and so on but it doesnt work here regardless of that.

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply. Our Network Team have advised if the noise is still present with 2 different phones at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Apologies for the confusion, can the noise not be heard on the line when making calls?

django68
Conversation Starter

The noise seems no different than usual on landline. Same with 2 different handsets. A little more background static sound from the new router when plugged in but nothing I would extreme.

Ive now spent 6  and a half hours today swappibg cables calling support lines posting messages and waiting for replies.

Please get someone to look into ut.

I sppreciate your help

Andrew

django68
Conversation Starter

Well the broadband has been working since around 17.30. 

Fingers crossed.