Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super slow broadband

Highlighted
django68
Conversation Starter

This has been ongoing every day since June 1st and had not been resolved.

Speed remains at 0.1Mbps.

Issue reported to be at your end by Outreach engineers.

Community Team

OK thanks, I'll pass this back to our network team and let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Our network team have ran all tests again and can't find any faults, also confirmed that engineer couldn't find any faults either They've asked if you can please run a set of pings and a set of trace routes to www.google.co.uk and can you post the results. Can you run the tests on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-do-i-perform-ping-or-traceroute

Can you also try to run 3 speed tests at different times of day on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Thanks

Chris

django68
Conversation Starter

Ridiculous. Engineer confirmed fault at your end. I have recording of the conversation as evidence. 

All speed tests come in at 0.1Mbs when I can get them to load

Your site wont.

Say waiting for the call you promised between 12 and 2 that you neglected to folllow through. 

I am now raising this with yoy CEO

django68
Conversation Starter

Outreach engineers confirmed throughport fault and told TalkTalk this on the phone while they were here. 

Community Team

Hi

I'm sorry to hear this, our CEO teams can look into the matter for you and advise further.  I've had a look at the engineer notes directly on the BT Openreach system and they do state that all tests pass and fast test passed, and no issues are observed. 

When you raise an issue with CEO we must take a step back as we are not allowed to be involved in the fault process and must allow CEO to take over all diagnostics going forward.

Thanks

Karl. 

django68
Conversation Starter

I was present when the engineer called TalkTalk and told them of the throughport issue. What ever you claim the report says cannot change that fact. I have hard evidence the engineer reported this to you.

Nothing has progressed in 11 days after following all your suggestions so I dont think you "stepping back" will adversly affect the issue.

django68
Conversation Starter

And for the record I would like to make it clear I appreciate all the help offered here by you guys. I know its not your fault and you do your best, but TalkTalks customer service is atrocious because of the failings of those further along in the system.

Community Team

Hi django68,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Have you been contacted as yet? Would you like us to pass your complaint over to our CEO team for you?

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter
Know what this don't ya? What we had yesterday.  

It ain't resolving that throughput.  

We'll have to get on to TalkTalk 'cos that is a throughput problem 

You've got two seperate issues. One of them is you got [unintelligable] resistance which is cable, that's not the issue.

The second one is you got a throughput problem. You're not the only one. Third party TalkTalk customers, and other TalkTalk customers have got the same issue, so we'll call them, see what's going on, see if they can get it sorted. 

On your router, your sync speed will show, a certain speed - but you'll never get that.So, once we've sorted that out we'll give TalkTalk a ring to see what's going on. It's definately a throughput problem.

Nothing will solve it, until they look into what is happening on their end.

AFTER CALL

They are going to get back in contact with you, because they know there is an issue. But, they've got to do some extensive tests their end. So, they will be back in contact with you between 12 and 2. It's basically, it's a throughput problem. 

We had one yesterday which is a third party of TalkTalk, they've got exactly the same issue because it's coming off of TalkTalk's equipment.

But yeah, so they said they would get in contact with you but everything as far as speed getting to the router is perfect. 

Until they sort out their software end, unfortunately your gonna get that same result.

django68
Conversation Starter

Above are the engineers comments. 

I habe reply from the email address of Charles Dunstone saying the background to this is to be investigated and the fault escalated.

Please can you check with the team this is the case. Thank you.

django68
Conversation Starter

Above are the engineers comments. 

I habe reply from the email address of Charles Dunstone saying the background to this is to be investigated and the fault escalated.

Please can you check with the team this is the case. Thank you.

Community Team

Hi django68,

Yes, I can confirm that your complaint has been captured and referred to our CEO's Office. One of our Complaint Managers will be in touch to discuss your complaint and hopefully offer a way forward.

Chris

django68
Conversation Starter

Spoke to CEO dept. yesterday who now replace router with hub. That should arrive today.

My service status says your broadband should be working fine. It isnt. You know it isnt.

Day 13

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

Predictably there is no change. Still only managing a wired speed of 0.2Mbps.

This is what the BT engineers said would happen if the router was swapped out for replacement. "Until they sort their software out unfotunately youre gonna get that same result."

Please send me the CEO Team email as I was not given anything yesterday.

Thank you.

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Apologies for this.

I have contacted our CEO's Office and requested that you are contacted again as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

Thank you.

My service status still say it should be working fine now. It isnt.

0.1Mbps

Day 14

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew

I have asked that you are contacted as soon as possible. The manager should also provide you with contact details so you are able to get back in touch with them.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

No contact. No fix. No usable broadband.

Day 15.