cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super slow broadband

Community Team

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, how have you found the stability and speed since your last post?

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter

It seemed stable last night, I'll see how it responds this morning.

Speed last night was 7.9mbps, this morning 7.6mbps. With upload at 0.8mbps.

Thank you

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter
And now since 17.30 speeds have crashed to 0.2mbps : (
Community Team

Hi Andrew,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Could I just confirm, has the noise returned and is their currently a dial tone? Was this also a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter

Noise is same as usual. Wired test. My landline and intetnet completely dead now.

I notice in their thread Loudkitten is also in Dartford. Exact same problem exact same time of occurrence , repair and return of fault. No coincidence.

Day 7 of disruption  

Community Team

Hi Andrew

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

Reply sent

Landline alive agsin. Maybe work on the line?

I don't see why an engineer needs to be sent. This problem was fixed for 24 hours on Wednesday evening so the problem clearly isn't here.

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Apologies I've not received the Private Message, did you send this to OCE_Debbie? (me)

As the tests are not detecting any issues then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

Sorry message sent corectly now.

I reiterate. A know problem for 2 users on this forum in Dartford at the same time.

All line check have came clear since Saturday so obviously cannot be relied on as you had the problem fixed once already without sending an engineer.

Why isnt Wednesdays fix being reinvestigated?

Community Team

Hi Andrew

Our Network Team advised that this previous fault was closed. Please can you provide your availability for an engineer visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the reply. It doesnt address the points I raised however. Closing the case is one thing but the fault has reoccured so whatever was done to fix it didnt involve an engineers visit.

I am available AM or PM

Community Team

Hi Andrew

As the fault has not been resolved the engineer will need to investigate further before this can be re raised or linked to a previous fault.

I have passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Andrew

The engineer visit has been arranged for Tuesday 11th AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

django68
Conversation Starter

This should already have been carried out. You have know of the fault since Saturday. Even fixing it once. Now I can expect at least another 4 days disruption.

No wonder TallTalk came bottom of an ofcom customer service poll.

For the third year in a row.

At least I will have time to prepare my ombudsmen complaint.

Community Team

Hi,

Apologies, we do need an engineer to look at this as following on from our investigation it doesn't appear to be related to the previous outage and the only way we can progress this is for a BTOR engineer to investigate this.

I've also included a help article below which contains more information about our Complaints Process.

How do I make a complaint?

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter

Engineer called completely replace line and socket. Confirmed fault was your end,other customers have same issue and you have been aware of this.

Day 11.

Andrew

Community Team

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, you have exactly the same issues now that you had prior to the engineer visit, no improvement at all?

Thanks

Chris

django68
Conversation Starter

No its the same. Apparently throughput issue that outreach engineers are encountering with other TalkTalk customers and that they have already made you aware of.

Community Team

There was an incident at your exchange but this was resolved and close. What sort of speed are you seeing now? 

Thanks
Chris