Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super slow broadband

django68
Conversation Starter

Day 16. Top speed 0.2Mbps.

Spoken to TT cancellation line which is what I genuinely believe TT want. Unable to supply service so shed a few here and there then rope some other poor unsuspecting mugs into contract.

Still waiting for CEO response.

ferguson
Community Star

I am sorry to see that you are having a poor service. Keep us posted regarding the CEO office response, I wouldn't expect anything over the weekend though.

But I am curious and wonder what TalkTalk "software" it is that the Openreach engineer is on about? It is their network after all and TalkTalk are their customers. 

django68
Conversation Starter

No broadband or phoneline today.

I notice other Dartford user @Loudkitten has the same issue.

Day 17.

Community Team

Hi django68,

Yes, I'm sorry about this, there's an open incident at your exchange affecting voice and broadband, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

django68
Conversation Starter

At approximately 15.05 the hub light reactivated. The internet is now operating at a usuable 7.4Mbps

I had a waiting telephone message from TalkTalk saying they needed to book an engineer to check my internal set up.

Seriously, you couldn't make this up. As the other Dartford user @Loudkitten experienced the exact same symptoms, at the exact same time with the temporary restoration and then recurence of fault also at the same time TalkTalk still didn't make a connection. Even though I have pointed it out on this very thread.

Instead you waste time sending a replacement router - even though I told you I had already tried others with no success. Then you  booked a BT engineer who also told you the fault wasn't here but your end. Your response to that was to send a Superhub which the BT engineer had already told you wouldn't solve the issue.

Maybe if TalkTalk listened to their customers when they offer suggestions instead of just greedily grabbing their money solutions could be found sooner.

Disgusted. So glad I have now arranged to leave you and go elsewhere. You do not deserve any more of my money.

Now how about paying back for what you haven't supplied for 17 days.

Community Team

Hi django68,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. I can understand your frustration but we didn't ignore what you said, we passed on your comments to our Network Team, they ran test on the line but could find not issue at the exchange. Your exchange serves over 24000 premisses so it's not unusual to see 2 customers on the same exchange experience similar issues

I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave but I hope all goes well with your new provider. Your Complaints Manager will be able to discuss compensation

Chris

django68
Conversation Starter

And now dead again. I take it work still ongoing.

Proof fault is at exchange. No need for tour engineer here. I got the call from that team when the line was dead so as soon as I called back he is out of the office. 😠

Community Team

Hi django68,

I'm sorry for the delay. There is now an update to advise that this incident should now be resolved. Do you have a dial tone at the moment?

Thanks

django68
Conversation Starter

Thank you for your reply. Things seem to be running smoothly at the moment, although we previously had a 24 hour "fix" so I am a bit hesitant to throw my trust in things holding up just yet.

I do feel we deserve an explanation as to what caused the "incident" as it should have been traced back to it's place of origin a lot sooner.

Andrew

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the service appears to be holding stable for you.

Unfortunately outages do occur and whilst we make every effort to communicate these to our customers, the cause or resolution can often be out of our hands and we have to work with external suppliers such as Openreach to seek a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Thanks

Karl.