Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Swapped huawei hg633 for for sky hub sr102

16 REPLIES
Highlighted
Mrmobear
Repeat Guest

Anyone else swapped out their router for another one ie sky hub sr102,I did this today,was sick of wifi dropping out for no reason,techs did something over phone and worked for 3hours then dropped out again,now I've been running sky hub all day no drop outs and all five in the house are using wifi and wired

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest

Day 2 and still no wifi drop outs signal isn't as strong in all rooms but every device is online and working perfectly, winner winner chicken dinner

Community Team

Hi Mrmobear,

I'm sorry for the delay. Do you know what version of firmware is currently on he HG633 router as we now have new firmware which has wireless and stability improvements?

Thanks

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest
Will find out once back home, did firmware roll out for everyone? And how long ago did it become public firmware for talktalk?
Community Team

Hi Mrmobear,

We're still in the process of rolling out the new firmware and this started last month. If the router doesn't have the latest firmware (2.00t) then we can update this for you to see how the connection compares.

Thanks

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest
Hardware version h101. Software version v2.00t. So I think it's up to date, just not a happy bunny lol
Community Team

Hi Mrmobear

If you are still experiencing this issue on the new firmware version then please let us know and we can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest
It's a pain,could you send one more to try out,although the sr102 hub works fine for us but it's not your router/hub we're using,also do you do wifi extender/boosters for going outside?
Community Team

Hi Mrmobear

I can send a DSL3782 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this or test with another HG633 router?

Thanks

Debbie

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest
I'll try the dsl 3782 see if it keeps the wifi on,if not I'll just keep using the sky hub sr102, thank you for your help
Community Team

Hi Mrmobear

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest
Community Team
Mrmobear
Repeat Guest
Set up and running ok.so far,thats 5hrs nonstop usage,will leave it running hard streaming youtube and such like,even loaded 3 chromecasts up and still going no wifi stalls
Community Team

Hi Mrmobear,

Thanks for the update and let us know how the connection compares over the next 24hrs :)

Thanks

Mrmobear
Repeat Guest

The new router dsl 3782 works good,all devices are smooth internet connection and no wifi drops,will send other one back shortly,and thank you

Community Team