cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Switching from BT Broadband to TalkTalk Broadband

KPMoffat
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I am switching from BT to TalkTalk for my broadband provider. My contract with BT will end on the 1st December as they say they can see on the system that a new provider is taking over on that date. However, my installation date for TalkTalk is the 10th December. Is there any way to fix this so I am not left without internet between the 1st and 10th December?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

@AllyM wrote:

@ferguson , In your position as a "community star" , if you don't like anything I post in any thread, you have the right and ability to simply delete it.

@AllyM I have neither. If you want to check what BT can offer you check with them, rather than hijacking another poster's thread. You have been around long enough to know how the community works. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

@KPMoffat ,

As @ferguson has already said, if you have placed an order with TalkTalk and asked them to take over the line from BT, your service should continue with BT until the switchover date. I don't think the staff on this forum will be able to give any more information than that. If you are still concerned, you could perhaps confirm with BT that they are not going to cut you off before the switchover date.

I would be interested to know why you are leaving BT for TalkTalk but of course I understand and respect that if you prefer not to say, then that is your right. I did not in any way intend to appear forceful and apologise if you got that impression.

@ferguson , In your position as a "community star" , if you don't like anything I post in any thread, you have the right and ability to simply delete it.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

@KPMoffat I am embarrassed that your first experience of the community has resulted in this unseemly intervention. It is nobody's business other than your own why you are switching from one provider to another, as thousands of others do on a daily basis. 

@AllyM Ask BT.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@ferguson wrote:

@AllyM Do you think BT will give you a better service on the same line as you have often complained about before? 

Yes

@ferguson wrote:

Do you think it is appropriate for you to raise this on another customer's support topic? 

I don't mean to interfere with another customer's topic, but you have already answered their question and I didn't think there was any harm in asking why they want to leave BT.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

@AllyM Do you think BT will give you a better service on the same line as you have often complained about before? Do you think it is appropriate for you to raise this on another customer's support topic? Why not go to the BT forum and discuss it there? 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

@KPMoffat Why are you moving to TalkTalk?

I am seriously considering switching to BT. What problems are you having with them?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you are switching you will not be left without a service, BT will carry on charging you until the date the transfer takes place. 

0 Likes