Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Vodafone

Simar2
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Does talktalk contact Vodafone to let them know I’m switching? Seen a few articles online saying they only contact providers that are open reach partners.

unfortunately due to an email address error on my part I didn’t receive a welcome email.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

At least now you have peace of mind knowing that they are aware an will not continue to bill you going forward 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 5

I gave Vodafone a call this afternoon. They were already aware of my switch. Spent half an hour being told that Vodafone could beat talktalk’s deal.

As talktalk has already started the switch, the advisor said I would have to cancel the switch first before they could better the offer.

She tried to get me to sign up for a mobile contract as this would give me a further discount.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Simar2

Whenever switching providers, no matter if a provider says they will contact your previous provider, I will always advise that a customer contacts their old provider to be sure that a cancellation is placed fully, within sufficient notice period, and any final bills are produced.

If your current broadband is not provided over an openreach line I would definitely err on the side of caution and speak with Vodaphone to make sure they have a cancellation order in place etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

What service have your ordered ?

If it's basic broadband, Fibre 35/65/150 that comes over the phone line, TalkTalk as gaining provider will contact Vodafone to arrange the transfer.

If you wanted to keep a phone number you would have needed to ask TT to request that as part of your order.