Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TALKTALK Customer service

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 30

I have been a TALKTALK customer for 13 years but unfortunately fairly recently I had a serious heart problem and became one of the so called "vulnerable customers" talktalk keep saying they prioritise,  this would be laughable if it wasn't so serious, last year when I was  still recovering from major heart surgery last year I kept having disconnections and sometimes unable to connect at all.

For anyone who cares about fairness, and treating people with decency and care (let alone customers with serious health issues) they might be interested how this company TALKTALK run by  CEO Tristia Harrison actually treated this "vulnerable" customer they claim is their priority with a heart problem. This is my recent Trustpilot post: Please judge for yourself if it is acceptable to treat an animal this way never mind a customer of 13 years with a heart problem: This is the link : Please read what this company actually did:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5bd65220682f8236f56cff1e

Disgusted
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Just leave and save yourself any more grief.

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 30

Shaming her? You think she knows the meaning of the word? You think such a person cares? You think she gives a damn about me or my health? She is okay with talktalk stealing from a vulnerable customer SHE CLAIMS she prioritizes ? Do you think for one moment she ever thought what this is doing to my health knowing fully well I have a heart problem? This has been going on for a year, any company can make a mistake or get it wrong but any half decent company would try to make amends but not talktalk the company that claims it  cares so much about vulnerable customers, this joke of ceo office did not lift a finger to help me ,just kept sh***** on me, I have never ever experienced dealing with such evil people who have no shred of decency, humanity or fairness, I have never even been to a citizens advice bureau or ever contacted trading standards until joining  talktalk, my brother warned me at the time about them but unfortunately I never listened, when he had a problem he had it fixed in 2 days, with talktalk I went through 3 months of hell, endless lies and empty promises, it took them 3 months to get Openreach, I curse the day I chose this company , one year on I am still paying the price, not for once anybody at talktalk tried to help, say this is no way to treat any human being, you can't steal from a vulnerable customer, make him wait 3 months to contact Openreach and you know what the reason Helen doesn't answer these questions is because she absolutely know talktalk is in the wrong but it is easier to punish me than admit the disgusting way I had been treated.

Disgusted

Message 3 of 30

@Ramzy as you are already dealing with the CEO office, staff here are not able to assist you further unless their rules have changed.

Your two options appear to be

1. Take the deadlock letter and then go to CISAS/CEDR.

2. Get the CEO office to refund any overpayment and let you leave TT without any penalty.

However, naming and shaming your CEO office contact was never a good idea, hopefully in doing so you have not burnt your bridges there.

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 30

@I8this wrote:

@ferguson  why did you not indicate that you were refering to me in you reply to @Ramzy then?

Err they did. 🙄

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

@ferguson  why did you not indicate that you were refering to me in you reply to @Ramzy then?

Who and why I give a `like` to for their post is none of your business.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

You.

Message 7 of 30

@ferguson 

Why the edit to include this? also, who is the them and they you refer to?

or they will come on here to help?

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

@ferguson 

I notice that @I8this has liked your post, perhaps you could contact them to advise further?

Contact who?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

I notice that @I8this has liked your post, perhaps you could contact them to advise further, or they will come on here to help?

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 30

No but she only did that when I tried to call her on the number SHE sent me? Coincidence? I don't think so, but tell me does anyone believe that having waited 3 weeks for an engineer who never bothered to turnup, After being promised compensation, I deserved to have £60 stolen? Can you think of one other single that would steal from a vulnerable customer APART FROM TALKTALK? Imagine you having to wait 3 weeks for the engineer who like others at talktalk doesn't give a s***, never bothers to turn up? And you you getting punished? I ask any fair minded person? Was that fair, decent? honest? YOU TELL PLEASE!

would YOU have accepted this, I asked Helen this many times, simple question, she NEVER answers, I ask her another simple question "was it okay for talktalk to take 3 MONTHSTO GET Openreach and identify a faulty talktalk router? For Helen both seem fair as long as it doesn't happen to her!

She DID THREATEN ME WITH £85 penalty if I were to leave talktalk, she wants me to stay so she can s*** on me some more, I think she enjoys it for some reason. SHE ALSO DID THREATEN me with SUSPENSION OF SERVICE if I bothered her, that is what talktalk do to their customers, she is bothered by too many emails, but not the least bothered by the S*** I have had for a year now, she never once put herself in my shoes, she who keeps claiming that vulnerable customers like me are her priority, what an obscenity. for her I must not ONLY ACCEPT this S*** but I must keep my mouth shut. unbelievable, I curse the day I chose TalkTalk against my brother's advice, but he could never have imagined ANYTHING LIKE THIS NEVER.

So Helen is the final decider? SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS, FAIRNESS, HUMANITY, DECENCY HAS NO PLACE?

IS IT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK HELEN 2 QUESTIONS

1-Was talktalk justified to charge or steal £60 as a result of me waiting 3 weeks for an engineer who never bothered to turnup? Please tell, it is a fair question? No?

2-Was it okay for TALKTALK TO TAKE 3 MONTHS AND PUT ME THROUGH HELL TO IDENTIFY A FAULTY TALKTALK ROUTER? FAIR QUESTION? NO?

I ASK AGAIN, WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END? WHAT IS I SAID THAT WAS WRONG OR UNREASONABLE, PLEASE TELL ME! HOW LONG MUST I SUFFER BECAUSE I CHOSE TALKTALK, THIS HELEN CAN DO AS SHE PLEASES, NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING? MY PUNISHMENT will NEVER END? I HAVE POSTED REVIEWS ONLINE ABOUT HOW MONEY WAS STOLEN FROM ME, AT LEAST I CAN WARN OTHERS ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON AT TALKTALK

https://www.trustpilot.com/submitted/review?correlationid=b666d0a9-927f-4f52-adcb-334a9a074976
https://www.reviews.io/company-review/store/talktalk/11891237
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/isp/talktalk/?category=17
https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/talktalk/reviews/

Disgusted

Message 11 of 30

A deadlock letter is not a threat, it simply means that TalkTalk have been unable to resolve your complaint by agreement. If they issue one of those you are free to complain to the independent arbitration service called CISAS

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 30

Ceo office employee Helen Mucklin strikes again:

Having made a complaint about her .Helen emailed me today informing me that she had in fact annulled the compensation I was offered last week, I STILL HAVE THE EMAIL FROM TALKTALK CONFIRMING IT, SHE REALLY DID!

This is the same woman that was supposed to help me and always claiming how she cares about vulnerable people while sh***** on this one, you couldn't make it up,

This is also the same woman who emailed me recently and I quote from her email "I am available by both email and telephone. My direct number is *removed*" I rang numerous times, left so many messages, not heard a word.

In fact after I tried to call her she threatened me with a deadlock letter, when I mentioned I wanted to leave talktalk she threatened me with £85 fine, she cares so much for vulnerable people. AMAZING NO? But there is more, she is now threatening with suspension of service if I don't behave, I have the email to prove it. She is bothered with me sending her too many emails, I asked her if that bothers her maybe she can put herself in my shoes, did she once give that a second thought? Of course not, all that matter is how Helen Mucklin is treated, I have to take all the crap and keep mouth shut.

That was her way of saying that SHE CAN DO ANYTHING SHE LIKES, FAIR OR NOT AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT.

I asked her just 2 simple questions :

You are telling me that talktalk was justified in penalizing me £60 for waiting 3 weeks for an engineer who never turned up? I actually need to ask this question ONE YEAR LATER? Is this a cowboy company that can just steal from a vulnerable customer and it is up to me to fight to get it back? I can't actually believe this happening.

I already had a nightmare with talktalk, I have a heart problem and have to deal with such evil people.

WHEN WILL THIS END? WHEN? WHEN WILL MY PUNISHMENT END? NO ONE AT TALKTALK WILL STOP HELEN FROM SH****** ON ME? NO ONE WILL STOP THIS OBSCENITY ? ALMOST ONE YEAR LATER? NO ONE?

YOU WILL JUST WAIT FOR HELEN TO FINISH ME?

I realise the harm this is doing to me but should something happen to me I promise that my friends and family will hold talktalk accountable and will make it known what that company did to a VULNERABLE customer, AND THAT HE HAD MONEY STOLEN AND NOBODY DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT, NO ONE a at talktalk will be able to claim they didn't know I had a heart problem. NO ONE.

Disgusted

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 30

Please I need to report an employee of talktalk ceo office by the name of Helen Mucklin, she gave a phone number to contact her,  she always has a recorded message claiming vulnerable customers are her priority, she showed this one nothing but utter contempt,  she is fully aware of my heart condition but she goes out of her way to make things as difficult as possible, despite leaving numerous messages over a number of days she would not answer any of my calls , she would not answer my emails  asking simple questions, why does talktalk employ such contemptable people who treat customers like dirt why?

Disgusted
0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT COMPLAINTS TEAM? ALL I KNOW IS THAT WOMAN HELEN MUCK FROM CEO OFFICE, THIS IS THE WOMAN WHO RECENTLY TOLD ME THIS IN HER EMAIL AND I QUOTE "I am available by both email and telephone. My direct number is 03451725171 Should you wish to email you can do so by
directly replying to this message"

On the 10th of this month I tried calling her, LEFT MANY MESSAGES, SHE NEVER BOTHERED TO REPLY. THAT IS THE HELP I AM GETTING?  NOW SHE IS THREATENING ME WITH A DEADLOCK LETTER TO SHUT ME UP, SHE KNOWS FULL WELL I MIGHT ADD ABOUT MY HEART PROBLEM BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP TALKTALK SHI***** ON ME, NOTHING DOES!

MY FATE RESTS ONLY WITH THIS WOMAN?

DOES ANYONE ELSE AT TALKTALK BELIEVE THAT AFTER HAVING WAITED 3 WEEKS FOR AN ENGINEER (6TH AUGUST 2020) WHO NEVER BOTHERED TO TURN UP OR EVEN CALL I SHOULD BE PENALISED £60? AND THAT AFTER I WAS PROMISED BY A TALKTALK AGENT WHO CONSULTED HIS MANAGER I WOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR THAT AND THE TIME I HAD CONNECTION PROBLEMS (8TH AUGUST 2020), PLEASE SOMEONE FROM TALKTALK TELL ME THAT IS FAIR , DECENT OR HONEST? CAN YOU THINK OF A SINGLE OTHER COMPANY THAT WOULD STEAL FROM A VULNERABLE CUSTOMER LIKE THIS? ONLY TALKTALK CAN SINK SO LOW! 

WAS IT FAIR TO MAKE ME WAIT 3 MONTHS TO GET OPENREACH AND THAT WAS ONLY AFTER RESOLVER GOT INVOLVED, TALKTALK CEO OFFICE DID NOTHING, A FAULTY TALKTALK ROUTER WAS IDENTIFIED, WAS THAT MY RESPOSIBILITY? WITH MY HEALTH CONDITION I COULD HAVE BEEN SPARED THIS HELL SO EASILY BUT TALKTALK NEVER BOTHERED!

CAN SOMEONE FROM TALKTALK PLEASE TELL ME WHEN WILL THIS EVER END? WHEN? HAVEN'T TALKTALK PUNISHED ME ENOUGH? WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END? WHEN? 

I JUST WANT TO LEAVE TALKTALK AND BE WITH A COMPANY THAT TREATS ME DECENTLY, THAT BOTHERS WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM, THAT DOESN'T MAKE WAIT 3 WEEKS FOR AN ENGINEER (MY BOTHER WITH BT HAD IT DEALT WITH IN 2 DAYS) A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T LIE TO ME, THAT DOESN'T STEAL FROM ME

I WANT TO LEAVE TALKTALK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BUT THAT CARING HELEN MUCK IS THREATENING ME WITH A £85 FINE IF I DO THAT, SO SHE CAN KEEP ON SH***** ON ME?  SHE WILL NOT REST UNTIL SHE BURIES THIS CUSTOMER WITH A HEART PROBLEM!

NEVER!

Disgusted

Message 15 of 30

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, have you spoken to our CEO Team at all since Friday when I last escalated this over? As your complaint is with our Complaints Team then we can't take any further action via the Community as they will be managing your complaint.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Thank you for inquiring , maybe one or 2 people at talktalk do care, the truth is no one from CEO office is really interested, the sad thing is that I have been a customer of talk for 13 years, for 12 years, until last year, I did not make a single complaint even when I had problems, not exactly a "troublesome customer" but that did not make any difference to talktalk employees I had the misfortune to deal with, last year I was recovering from major heart surgery (forget about talktalk prioritizing vulnerable customers, that is a joke) I was experiencing daily disconnections and sometimes unable to connect at all so I had no option but contact talktalk, here is a summary of what actually happened:

I had to wait 3 weeks for an engineer (my brother with another provider had his problem dealt with by an engineer within 2 days), i had no option but to wait, he was supposed to come on the 6th of August, I stayed home all day, he never showed up, he didn't even bother to call, I called talktalk talk, they told me he informed them that he rang the bell but no one answered, I waited 3 weeks for him, my problem needed fixing, 2 OTHER PEOPLE WERE WITH ME, it was an utter lie, 2 days later I spoke to another agent who consulted his manager, he apologised to me and promised me compensation for that and for the weeks i had bad connection, that turned out to be an even bigger lie, on my August bill, they had in fact penalized me not once but TWICE for the amount of £60, unbelievable but true, this is what talktalk actually did. I dare them to dispute this.

At the time I joined my brother warned me about that company's reputation, I thought maybe that was in the past , NEVER EVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY WOULD MAKE WAIT 3 WEEKS AND INSTEAD OF COMPENSATING ME LIKE THEY PROMISED, INDEED ACCORDING TO Ofcom, the compensation should have been AUTOMATIC, NOT with talktalk, they saw fit to punish a customer of 13 years, a vulnerable customer with a heart condition, never could I ever imagined any company could sink so low and STEAL from such a customer, WHEN THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO COMPENSATE the customer! I dare talktalk to dispute this, endless phone calls to talktalk, promises of a manager calling me back, all lies, NO ONE called, emails to CEO office, they never even bothered to read let alone help, it seems a talktalk customer with a problem is just considered a nuisance, for 3 MONTHS this went on, they wouldn't call Openreach to investigate claiming they couldn't see a problem from their end, I had to go through this for ALL THAT TIME with my heart condition, but this is talktalk, who cares? NOT CEO office, Tristia Harrison? She doesn't want to know? What is a customer of 13 years with health problems worth? For talktalk ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but don't take my word for it, read online reviews about talktalk from OTHER customers

https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/talktalk

It was ONLY AFTER I had Reslover involved that finally talktalk sent Openreach that diagnosed a faulty router, apparently , they had issuses with some routers but they never told me and it seems a faulty talktalk router id the responsibility of the customer.

Let the reader make up his/her own mind about the decency, care, fairness of how THIS vulnerable customer received, on every recorded message talktalk emphasizes how they care about such customers, I have had to listen to this obscenity every time I called "Helen" from ceo office who never ONCE called me back despite the fact that she actually provided me with this number.

More talktalk reviews NOT from me I should add

https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/609b6a67f9f4870b7000d84f

Disgusted

Message 17 of 30

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did they try and contact you since my last post on Friday?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 30

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I HAVE A HEART PROBLEM, I CANNOT TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS , PLEASE, ENOUGH , I WANT TO LEAVE TALKTALK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, GET IM MY IN TOUCH WITH A HUMAN BEING NOT THAT HELEN WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SH**, i CALLED HER NUMEROUS TIMES AND LEFT SO MANY MESSAGES AND EVERYTIME I HAVE TO LISTEN TO HER RECORDED MESSAGE CLAIMING HER FIRST PRIORITY ARE VULBERABLE CUSTOMERS , SHE SAYS THIS WITH A STRAIGHT FACE WHILE SH***** ON THIS ONE, THIS IS OBSCENE, PLEASE IT HAS BEEN A YEAR, PLEASE PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH A HMAN BEING, PLEASE, IF THEY KEEP THIS UP THEY WILL GIVE ME A HEAR ATTACK, in  all my life I have never even consulted citizens advice bureau or contacted trading standards, I have been treated worse than an animal, would Helen have tolerated this herself? NOT IN million years but it Is okay for an insignificant customer, if I were to go to the papers with this they wouldn't believe it, this is a company like no other, I don't have the health to deal with this anymore. PLEASE ANYONE WITH A conscious, NOT this person, she gave me a number to contact knowing she has no intention to speak to me, unbelievable, she is having a laugh at my expense. HELP PLEASE, PLEASE

Disgusted

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 30

Well it took talktalk 3 months to send openreach , 3 MONTHS I ask you if that was fair or decent? my brother with BT had it dealt with in 2 DAYS, if only they had bothered to send openreach earlier they could have spared me so much, why in heavens name?

My issue now is the treatment I received and the compensation I was promised for waiting 3 weeks for an engineer who never bothered to turn up or even call, under Ofcom rules the customer should get automatic compensation for this but not talktalk, no they actually punished their vulnerable customer for this, £60 was "stolen"" from me, the engineer was supposed to come on the 6th of August 2020, of course I notified talktalk that night that he never showed up, 2 days later an agent consulted his manager , he apologised to me and promised me compensation for this AND for the time I had bad connection , what do I find when I got my August bill, I was actually Penalised not once but TWICE, so the engineer doesn't turn up and it is the sick customer who gets punished, it beggars belief what is going on at talktalk.

I have been in contact with someone called Helen Mucklin from the CEO office, she gave a phone number to contact her knowing fully well she had NO INTENTION of talking to me, I rang her so many times, left so many messages, NOTHING, and every time I call her I have to hear recorded message how "vulnerable" customers are being prioritised, this is OBSCENE, she knows about my health problem but she doesn't care, so while I keep hearing about haw talktalk cares about vulnerable customers in actual fact they have been shi***** on this one for almost a year now and NO END IN SIGHT and my health suffers further.

Disgusted

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 30

Hi,

Just to add to my last post, I've also escalated this to a CEO Complaints Manager.

Thanks

0 Likes