Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV playback cutting out

JNk6298
Participant
Message 20 of 20

Hi, why is playback tv cutting out? & also, my internet has gone really slow lately. I'd appreciate any help. Thanx 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

OK, No Problem 🙂

report back when you can.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi,

It turned up last night.......aren't Yodel slow!!

I won't be able to try this until the weekend, due to work commitments.

Fingers crossed

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi

Tracking shows router delivered yesterday, do you have this now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Debbie 

We still haven't received the replacement router??

Thanx

Justine 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi JNk6298

Thanks for your reply.

As the line tests are clear then we would be unable to pass this straight to a line engineer. If a fault was detected then we could pass this to Openreach.

I have ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 20

Hi Debbie,

The last time we had this type of issue a BT engineer came to the area & "did something" to the main box in the street.

But, we will try a new router if you think that will help.

Thanx again

Justine 

Message 7 of 20

Hi Justine

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible router faults?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 20

Hi. As I explained earlier, our village is on lockdown & we can not go to others houses, therefore we can't get another phone to try.

Thanx

Justine 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi JNk6298

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to test with a different phone directly at the test socket, with the router removed from the line to see if the noise is still present in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

The line is still a bit crackly.

The TV is connected wirelessly - still freezes during playback.

The internet at times is a bit slow.

Unsure of internet speeds

Thanx

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Justine,

Ok, thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which is still clear and the connection looks stable and the sync speed also looks consistent. Just to confirm, is the crackle still present at the moment? Is it only the TV which is experiencing issues? How is the TV connected, wired or wireless?

What speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Message 12 of 20

Hi Michelle,

Same issues.

Unfortunately we are unable to get a landline phone from a neighbour to test our line, due to Covid local restrictions.

Thanx

Justine

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 20

Hi JNk6298,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Message 14 of 20

Ok

I'll see if I can get hold of another phone.

Still don't understand why playback on BBC keeps cutting out if the lines are ok??

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi

If you do not have access to another handset, you could ask a friend or neighbour to test your handset in their socket to make sure it is ok.

If we send an engineer for a crackly line, and the line is fine and it's the handset thats at fault, you would incur a call out charge, so just trying to make sure this does not happen.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Karl,

Unfortunately I don't have another handset, we never use the landline.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi

All line tests are clear.

Can you unplug everything out of the phone socket and make sure you test an alternative or known working phone handset directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one, so we can proceed towards an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi,

I've done all the tests & they say no faults, but our landline is very crackly.

All devices are connected wirelessly.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi @JNk6298 ,

Are your devices connected 'wired' or 'wireless' ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

0 Likes