would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk Router (from 2014)

4 REPLIES 4
Mick21367
Visitor

Hi,

I've got a Talk Talk router since 2014 when I joined. I am unable to log in to the admin page. I have gone to 192.168.1.1 on tablet, netbook and directly connected PC. The reason why I want to log in is that this thing needs to be restarted again (some connected devices aren't responding - this is usually a sign that the router needs to be restarted).

This has happened numerous times over the last couple of years, and appears to be worsening. It's never been super stable but now it has gotten to the point of silliness. I've had a few (!) conversations with the help line - fairly impractical ones to be honest.

By the way, I know that I can simply switch it off and on again at the button, or click on reset to reset to default - but having done that quite a bit in the recent past, I don't think that this is really helping the problem.

One of the helpline calls did give me a link to an online page where I could remotely access my router - or at least remotely reboot it (memory's a bit fuzzy, sorry) - anyone have any idea where that is?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi @Mick21367

I've an updated router on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Mick21367
Visitor
Thank you
Community Team