Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk talk WiFi hub flashing orange

Shazz5
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

WiFi hub has been flashing amber for two days and not working 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Shazz5

Apologies for this.

Please let us know how you get on once you have received and tested with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Shazz5
First Timer
Message 2 of 11

Yes I’ve been told to that on 3 separate occasions and it hasn’t worked any of the times I’ve done it. I’ve also turned it off at the power after being told it have been fixed your end and nothing has worked on it. So hoping the new hub works as I’ve now been without internet since last Wednesday. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Shazz5

Thanks for your reply.

Can I just check, did you try factory resetting your current router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Debbie

0 Likes

Shazz5
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

Yes there is still the same fault. I did manage to get through to someone on the phone and after an hour they have agreed to send me a new hub. So I have to wait another 2-3 days for to arrive and hope it works when I plug it in. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Shazz5

Sorry for the delay.

The line is showing in sync and connected and the line tests are clear.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Shazz5
First Timer
Message 6 of 11

I’ve tried factory resetting it and it didn’t help. It just still flashes orange. 
I don’t know where they did the work but it wasn’t inside the home. Nothing has changed since I got a message saying an engineer has done repair work on the line.  
I started the live chat 17:30 and was in it for two hours and kept getting cut off from the agents. 
I don’t have a landline so can’t call it 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

Do you have a landline phone you can use to check the line, and call 17070 to ensure it reads back the correct phone number ?

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Live chat will have closed at 9pm, but will be back online at 9am tomorrow, as will the phone support.

You could try a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds (note that this would lose any settings you have ever changed in the router).

However if you have had a message about an engineer then that would suggest there has been some sort of fault somewhere, was this an engineer that was called out due to you reporting a problem, did the engineer do work in/near your home, or out on the phone network ?

Shazz5
First Timer
Message 9 of 11

I’ve ran a test on the line and it says it working. Tried the live chat and got cut off after an hour with one person and the another 45 mins with someone else and got cut off again.  Have been trying for the past hour to get back on there but it won’t connect me to an agent. 
I’ve tried the test socket, rebooting the hub and everything is plugged in how it should be. I can find the WiFi on devices it just says there is no internet connection when trying to use it. 
Been like this for two days now. Had a message to say an engineer had looked at it and fixed it but it’s still not working. What do I do now if I can’t connect on live to speak to someone? 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Shazz5,

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.