Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk talk send me a new router and signed me up for new contract without my consent

Evie1989
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have been receiving emails from Yodel saying that they have my parcel from talktalk. I ignored these because I did not ask TalkTalk for any new router, did not sign a new contract with them and I am terminating my contract with them once it expires (next January). SO I thought it was just some sort of scam as I have been receiving loads lately. But I come home today to find out that I received new hub. I logged onto my account and it turns out that new service will go live on 24th of October?! I have not contacted TalkTalk about anything, I did not ask to extend/change/prolong any contract what-so-ever. In fact the only thing I do is to pay my bills through DD. I am asking, what is this scam TalkTalk because it seems like I am not the first person this happens to? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Evie1989

The lines is your area have been upgraded to fibre, So we have placed an upgrade order to give you fibre, just to confirm this does not change your current contract. nor its end date

Once you connect the hub the upgrade will complete 

Hope that helps, Sorry for any confusion. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Evie1989,

Are you currently on ADSL broadband with a fairly old router, as if you are it may just be that TalkTalk are moving you from ADSL to Fibre (as a free upgrade), as this is happening for quite a few customers. Does the info in My Account give the impression that your contract is being extended, or does the contract still show the same end date as before ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.