Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Router Swap

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 38 of 38

Hi All,

Moved out of my old place, where the TalkTalk account was in someone elses name, the router model was a SAGECOM FAST 5364, and was called the "TalkTalk WiFi-Hub."

Moved into a new place, and they have sent me a DG8041W. Whilst it seems similar, using IPSec VPN is very problematic, which I need for remote work as I'm in consulting, and at the moment we are working from home. I have even tried putting the device into the DMZ, and all kinds of port forwarding and firewall services rules, it just wont work. Switching Wi-Fi network e.g. at family, it just works fine.

I know the issue is not TalkTalk, it worked fine on the Sagecom device, in the default configuration. I also have a background in rolling out networking for large scale businesses, so I can enable a port, if required, although typically this is not required (ie I have used this VPN in client site offices, guest wifi, hotel wifi, home wifi, tethered to a mobile phone etc, and it has always "just worked").

I am also noticing websites are not loading correctly, there will be missing images / pictures, that are just in blank boxes, even when connected via ethernet. 

Another odd thing, websites, at the end of the .html keep having an extra # and there is then random info there, when I load the same site on another connection, this isn't there. Data after html site ends on TT Router.png

Finally, devices connect to the hub, e.g. my iPhone, and will say "no internet connection" until the phone requests I use data instead. After a few minutes, the device gets an IPv4 IP over DHCP and then the internet works, the delay is infuriating. 

Overall, I am having such a hard time with this router. Is it possible to get the older model somehow? The Sagecom 5364?

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38
0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 2 of 38

All working well for now, the only minor issue is the WiFi. To reach the back bedroom, garden and extension (utility and bathroom) sky had to install a booster which lets the tv work. Here I don’t get any WiFi. Do Talltalk offer any sort of booster or is this something I would have to get myself? I have an old wireless N booster but it seems to make everything very slow. 

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

Hi ukhardy07,

I've disabled as requested 

Chris

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 4 of 38

Can you disable this thing that automatically devices the “best” WiFi channel. It’s choosing c36 and only 40MHz.

I have SkyQ which is fixed to c36 and 80Mhz there’s a main box, 2 minis and a booster so 4 simultaneous broadcasts on 5GHz (all boxes become part of the SkyQ mesh) on c36. 

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

Thank you 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 6 of 38

Awesome this works really well now, the other huawei model struggled unless I set a manual DNS. Will try it for the day and get the rest returned ASAP. 

TalkTalk Fibre65

Message 7 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

The router firmware has now been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

I've just contacted our Products Team and asked them to update the router you currently have connected.

I will post back to confirm once this has been completed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 9 of 38

Not sure if they want to patch the new sagecomm it’s on the same FW as the old one? Just got it connected and seems to be good, for now. 

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

Hello,

Ok, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 11 of 38

Still no WiFi network being displayed, it’s odd if I turn it off for a few hours it will display the SSID. Then it disappears after several hours of usage. 

new hub arrived, will try that. 

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

The firmware has now successfully updated.

Are you now able to connect?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

Thank you. I've just escalated this back over to them now.

Debbie

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 14 of 38

Done just now although the WiFi has not come back on, it’s white though. Yodel shows delivery today, so most likely that will sort it out. Not got anything connected via Ethernet right now. 

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

Could you do a quick reboot of the router? I will then ask our Products Team to try and connect again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 16 of 38

No, the sagecomm is on and the light is white, but there is no WiFi displaying again. 

the heater isn’t plugged in 🙂

image.jpg

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

Have you re connected the Huawei hub?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 38

Hi ukhardy07

The firmware didn't update overnight. I'm really sorry about this.

Our Products Team are going to manually push through the update this morning. I will post back once this has been done.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 19 of 38

Turned the sagecomm on and disabled a few devices dotted around so I hopefully don’t blow it up until the firmware comes through 😊😊

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

Hi,

please let us know tomorrow how you get on 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes