Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk router wifi

Mavik
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello all

Been having some issues with my wireless router and I think a replacement may be needed. Plugging a laptop or PC directly in via ethernet cable and works perfectly.
WIFI works and stops, works and stops etc.
Wireless signal is emitting but no internet 

What else I can do?

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

version SG4K10002816t

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Mavik

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 3

The first thing I'd suggest is to get some WiFi analysys software for the laptop. I used https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-wifi-wireless-network-software-tools/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-f... to see which channels were least crowded. I then set up separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5GHz bands, manually selected the least crowded channel on each band and moved everything that supported it to the 5GHz band as ir was far less crowded. If you've s Sagemcom router then you'll need to ask TalkTalk to turn off the erroneously named WiFi Optimisation which will override youir settings and probably put you ont he most crowded channels it can find.