Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to TalkTalk on behalf my parents

yetanother1
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Is is possible to arrange something so I can talk to TalkTalk about my parent's internet connection? They are in their 80s and have never been very technical. I want to check they are on the best package for them. They appear to be paying over £40 a month. TalkTalk may have informed them of the end of contract or end of offer by email; in that case they are unlikely to have seen any such notification as they struggle with email. If it arrived by letter they may not have understood it.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Do email the forms then I can talk to them about it. This may have to wait to I see them in August.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @yetanother1 

If you have power of attorney over the account as long as you can pass the security questions you can deal with the account, if not,  would you like me to send the required forms?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the pointer. Currently I plan to visit them in August so may be able to sort something out then.

0 Likes

yetanother1
Team Player
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have supplied more information. They are 300 miles away and don't have a keyboard. They have a TV with a  TalkTalk YouView box.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

If it comes down to working between, talking to TalkTalk, and carrying-out operations at the keyboard @yetanother1, try and get Mum / Dad to drive, with you acting as co-driver, but while letting them lead the 'conversation'.  It builds confidence, much the same as between them and you, when you were a nipper!

~R.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

If you are actually sitting beside your parents on the phone, the agents can check their ID with them, and therefore check that you have been authorised to help them at the time.

More generally you need to look into fixing up Power of Attorney etc.

Details here, @yetanother1:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act/ta-p/2205181

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.