Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk TV is a sad joke

14 REPLIES 14
SamQ21
Popular Poster

My Talktalk went live in early October. I was away from home a lot until 5th November when I reported total failure to receive streaming services and my so-called "boost"; my kindles don't download, only one mobile connects on wifi....Since then I have lost approximately 18 hours of my life trying to get a host of Manila-based incompetents to a) understand my problem b) honour their "72 hour callback" 9 DAYS morelike..c) actually DO anything! A "Cube" engineer proved that there was nothing wrong with MY equipment, a BT Open Reach engineer proved - after 2 hour up various poles - that there was nothing wrong with the lines. An IT professional tried by remote access to sort it out for 2 hours. He reset everything and was completely stumped. Talktalk are clearly " unfit for purpose". My money back please and compensation for two months of non-delivery of service. Hoe do I contact the ombudsman? Your defective equipment will be on my doorstep on Tuesday 8th January feel free to pick it up. I expect my reimbursement no later than 5pm Tuesday, given I returned your equipment to the doorstejp where I initially picked it up. 

Sam, unserved by Talktalk
martswain
Philosopher

Dream on !

Have you made a formal complaint ?

If that complaint cannot be resolved, TT will issue a deadlock letter, THEN you can take it to CISAS(CEDR) 

Keep the equipment, TT are likely to charge you if you do not return it.

Martin
SamQ21
Popular Poster

Talktalk have failed to provide streaming television and have only made a partial refund for my so- called "boost" that I was never able to access. In the TWO MONTHS since I "opened a complaint" I have had a succession of inept, verbose, overly obsequious, script-only wastes of space, aka 'Customer disservice' from Manila that do nothing but panhandle platitudes and pabulum. Their so-called "engineer" merely confirmed 'it isn't working' then left...BT Open reach have done their best; thank you Angus; but, the fault remains and the fault is Talktalk. How do I get compensation and contact the ombudsman? 

obscured for customer security

SamQ21
Popular Poster

Martin, 1) are you employed by Talktalk? 2) accroyms mean nothing to those outside a small elitist circle. Elucidate please. 

SamQ21
Popular Poster

Ok...so you won't fix my "complaint" but you will smear out a detail that you will claim you need to deal with it? 

Impressive. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SamQ21

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and see what's happening.

As Martin asked - have you raised a formal complaint?  Here's the advice article: How do I make a complaint? If TalkTalk customer service managers have been unable to fix the issue then ask for the issue to be escalated to the CEO team.

There's normally no problem in getting a refund for services if it's not been possible to provide a paid for service.  If there's a formal complaint in progress then the refund will happen when the complaint is resolved.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

SamQ21
Popular Poster

So escalate it to the CEO team. My contact details have been given over the phone 12 times in two months. I filled them in here too as requested. So amaze me. Fix it.  

martswain
Philosopher

@SamQ21

I am a customer.

CISAS(CEDR) is the service that adjudicates in complaints, there is no longer an ombudsman.

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

PS. Is your search engine broken too ?

Martin
SamQ21
Popular Poster

As already stated ad nauseam, I have an "open complaint" with Talktalk since 5th November. I am no longer prepared to time-waste with what is obviously a group of shell-game front men in Manila. I want out if Talktalk cannot provide what they contracted for. Now, stop messing and fix it. 

SamQ21
Popular Poster

Martswain and Gondola. How do I get Talktalk to send me that letter? As it is already over the eight weeks contractually stipulated, I do not believe I need it, but humour me. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Sam

Thank you for filling in your Community profile a few minutes ago.  That is to enable TalkTalk UK support team to locate your TalkTalk service account and provide advice.

Martin and I are both TalkTalk customers.  Because, guess what, Community is a customer to customer help forum.  Now you're here we're just making sure you get the right advice and that your complaint is escalated to the CEO team if that's what you want. 

Heads up that the UK support team will pick up this topic on Monday and take over from there.  If the CEO team are actively working on resolving the issue they'll let you know.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

martswain
Philosopher

@SamQ21

The timeframe of complaint handling still has some way to go after your issue is picked up by the CEO Office (who are UK based), the following is copied from TalkTalk's document..

5 IF YOU’RE STILL NOT SATISFIED

5.1 If you're not satisfied with our initial response to your complaint, please ask to speak to a manager. If a manager is not available immediately, they will try to contact you within 3 working days.

5.2 If you are still not satisfied after speaking to a manager, you may ask the manager to escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office. Please give the manager the opportunity to resolve your complaint first before contacting the CEO's Office. You can also send your complaint directly by post to the following address: TalkTalk (CEO) PO Box 672 Salford M5 0NG

5.3 The CEO's Office try to respond to every complaint received within 5 working days of receipt. You will be assigned a dedicated person who will own your complaint and keep you fully updated.

5.4 If you’re still not satisfied after speaking with the CEO's Office, you can either: (a) ask the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) to independently review your complaint. Please note, CISAS will not accept cases that are less than 8 weeks old unless you have received a deadlock letter from the CEO's Office, which means there is nothing further we can do to resolve your complaint.

You can contact CISAS using these details: Web: www.cedr.com/cisas/ Post: Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution 70 Fleet Street London EC4Y 1EU Phone: 020 7520 3827 Textphone: 020 7520 3767 Fax: 020 7520 3829 Email: cisas@cedr.com (b) submit your complaint to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This website sets out further details about the ODR platform and how it works.

Martin
SamQ21
Popular Poster

Well, here we are....Thursday. After our passage of arms last week, I was expecting a call from "C.E.O. " level on Monday...right.

A mysterious package was delivered by DHL day before yesterday...

One of TEN more identical ones being delivered that morning in my village….

A 'new' router..NOT the super, duper, makes-tea-for-you one, I was enticed into this nightmare with, no....a bog-standrard one. No explanation. Paperwork says just to return the walking-talking-singing-dancing one.....nowt else.

I THEN got a call, late last night, FROM MANILA!!!! What? Are C.E.O.'s over there on hollyers??? No...a wee, badly trained lad from an outlying village, who could not maintain a conversation past his (badly) learned script: 

Paraphrased:

Him: "Good evening, we are sending you a router on Friday next"

Me: "Do you mean the one that arrived yesterday?"

Him: "Oh, it's there already...I just want to update you.." goes into meaningless, long-winded placatory, irritating flowerey gobbledy-*@#][!![]'#[@#]!*. 

Me: "Stop. I have already tried this router and it is worse than than the original one I complained about on 5th November. Please take this and all the other hardware from Talktalk away, it is OBVIOUSLY NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE, I WANT OUT OF MY CONTRACT"

Silence.

More silence.

Him: "Mr ----- I just want to update you on the new router arriving Friday..."

Me: "Do you mean the one that arrived yesterday?"

Him: "It is arriving on Friday"

Me: "Is that a third one? I have one already, you sent me  another, now there's ANOTHER one?" 

Him: "Mr -----, I just want to update you....."

Gawd...we were here with a less-than-charming indivivdual from "Cube" way back in Novemeber. He swopped out both router and TV box and PROVED neither of my original provision was faulty!!

WHY.

NOW.

REPLACE.

A.

WORKING.

ROUTER?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

For the love of Jesus, Mary and the Wee Donkey, can someone with an I.Q in double digits, who speaks and thinks in U.K. English:

PLEASE TERMINATE ANY ASSOCIATION I HAVE WITH TALKTURD AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK?

SDQ

Community Team

Hi SamQ21

I've escalated your complaint to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you as soon as possible to discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

SamQ21
Popular Poster

Finally. Someone called, who willinghly provided their surname. AND a 'call back' number. No more hiding behind a (badly) learned script and an inabilty to diverge from same to answer a simple question. Pity my new saviour called Friday, when offices are shutting down, but at least we are up and running(??). 5th November to now, just to get to this stage. SHAME ON YOU, TALKTALK.

Sam