Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk blocking VPN service

Highlighted
Khalid Mahmood
First Timer

Hi, I am trying to connect Cisco VPN but getting an error message. can you please help?

Highlighted
DannyK08
First Timer

You cannot get a connection through a VPN on a home line. I have fibre & the only way talk Talk lift the VPN connection is to upgrade your home line to a business line. This was all due to a change in their policy a little over 2 years ago. Don't listen to the crap about it being firmware problems on some routers, total BS

Highlighted
Clarkey_81
First Timer

Hi having exact same problem with talktalk blocking vpn there sending me out a new router 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @Clarkey_81 and @DannyK08

Please can you create a new thread on the Community, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
03marshallk
First Timer

Hi Karl, Can you help me with this too? I have been chatting on the live chat facility and being told flat out right that talk talk do not support VPN but from reading this forum it is clear this is miss information. Thanks! @OCE_Karl 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @03marshallk

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
mcmenemie
First Timer

I am also having massive problems using openvpn. Using openvpn to access my work's network is effectivly unusable. I only discovered the dozen or so threads covering the same topic tonight. Firing up openVPN on my macbookpro using talktalk is mostly unusable. However the exact same openvpn settings but using my teathered iphone plus EE as the carrier works perfrectly.

The ADSL modem is not the issue. I have trired three different ADSL routers (2 from talktalk + the current netgear d600) utterly appauling openvpn performance.

Accessing other services via talktalk without openvpn is mostly fine.

Access to my workplace via openvpn is critical for me; I have now started looking for an alternate provider.

The other point I have noticed with my talktalk connection is some nights the connection just keeps bouncing. My ADSL router's external IP address can change ten times or more in a single night.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @mcmenemie

Apologies for this.

Please can you create your own thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Barretje2
First Timer

I have exactly the same problem. Ever since receiving a new work laptop, I am unable to connect to VPN from home (despite it working the very first time). It somehow triggers an auto detection proxy that blocks my entire computer (including Skype, outlook, teams). I have no problem connecting to the WiFi itself and my IT department is at a loss. The computer I received was brand new and they even rebuild my profile but nothing seems to help and they have now received several complaints from others who all use Talk Takk so this must be the issue. I have no issues anywhere else and I travel a lot. If I can’t work from home, I will have to cancel my contract. 

Please help. 

Barbara 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Barretje2,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
elainec33
First Timer

I notice this is 2018, does adding telephone number still apply.  I joined talktalk in October 2019.  My Avast VPN does not work and they are forever pestering me with notifications saying my computer is exposed.  Would appreciate your help. 

elainec33
Highlighted
elainec33
First Timer

Please ignore last post.  I have just scrolled through the rest of the pages and realise that talktalk block all VPN, so there is nothing you can do unfortunately and I will have to cancel contract once it has expired, thank you. 

elainec33
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @elainec33

Please can you start your own thread for Support.

Also, TalkTalk do not block any VPN services.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
choury
First Timer

Hi

I'm having issues using PureVPN on my DSL-3782 router.  I am confused from the forum as to whether this is possible - are there any instructions - or do I need a firmware upgrade (currently v10.1t) - or do I need a new router?

Regards from Newbie Chris.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @choury

Apologies for this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then send a replacement HG633 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie