Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk box won't connect to my internet

Skye22
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

My Huawei DN372T box has stopped connecting to the internet and I am unable to access  any catch up channels or Sky Sports channels. Whilst watching the TV a message keeps appearing saying it can't detect my broadband. I have tried re-starting the router, Powerline Adapters and the TV box but the problem still persists. I have disconnected the TV Box from the smart tv and the tv is connected to the broadband and works correctly. Is it likely that the Talktalk TV box is failing?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skye22
Team Player
Message 2 of 10

Hi Karl,  I have purchased new powerline adapters and all is connected and working normally again. I did an update on the Talktalk TV Box and then all my sky sports channels returned so everything is ok again now.  Thank you very much for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Is the box still direct to the router, you mention you have put it back, is this still via the powerline connectors ?

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skye22
Team Player
Message 4 of 10

Hi Karl, I have connected the box direct to the router and it has connected, it would seem that the powerline adapters have failed. However having re- tuned the Talktalk TV box I have now lost all the Sky Sports channels from my Sports Boost. I have tried re-tuning again but they are still missing, how do I get them back?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Is it possible to connect the box direct to the router bypassing the adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Skye22
Team Player
Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl, I have followed the instructions and done a Youview Maintenance reset and it just keeps trying to connect to the router followed by a screen saying it can't connect.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

ok, just wanted to see if these are failing as they are the most common item to fail. 

I can see the TV Box Currently connected to the router on ethernet port 1.

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and see if the same issue keeps happening.

If we do have to replace the box, TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable box, and I can only send the lite box.

Try the reset and let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Skye22
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl, both adapters have all three lights working. I have re-set them and they again have all three lights working.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

What lights are on the adapters ?

These may have failed. Try resetting them or swapping them around.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes