Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk have updated my firmware now the connection is useless

ceffyn
Participant
Message 30 of 30

had to go from hg633 with little to no wifi to a HG635 (older but MUCH better router). connection when it was changed stayed stable for around 14-16 hours or so with NO wifi problems and NO connection issues. then talktalk updated the firmware from 1.06 to 1.14 and now the router reboots every 5 mins or so.

the router does a full factory reset as it resets the login info and wifi info to default. have tried to leave it as default but still no different. try'd hard reset from the router, and a factory reset from the login page both have no effect it still disconnects and resets.

this is ridiculous as i cant even use my INTERNAL network due to the router rebooting. on my internal network other than my computers is my lights so cant even turn a light on or off with it constantly rebooting and resetting all the settings.

it was working until the "updated firmware". and before anyone says "we just need to do a test on your line" or "we'll have to book an engineer" to try and find the fault. it does exactly the same without the DSL cable plugged in. so your tests will be pointless as its clearly 100% the router and it was caused by the firmware update.

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

I didn't assume anything I was asking! And as for the HG633 its a load of crap that wont help anything. I have tried several and all have been the same piles of junk. the HG635 on the other hand until the firmware was updated I never had an issue with. As for the new hub I was asking as it is sent out with the SLOW connections, so to be fair I would say it was a valid question to ask.

If it can in fact like you say deal with the connection speeds then that's great. I'm not interested in what make or model anything is if it works then it works and that's good enough. The only router I'm no longer willing to even try working with is the HG633 other than that I'm willing to try anything.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

@ceffyn 

You are incorrect in assuming any of them are not suitable !

All Super Routers (HG 635/633 and DSL 2782) and HUBs (Huawei and Sagemcom) are capable of handling Fibre 65 VDSL connections with speeds of 80 Mbps download

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

quick follow up on the last messages, can you confirm that the hub will be able to take my speeds as a quick look has shown me that The Huawei  routers with talktalk are either the HG633 or the Hub Black and the HG633 is what started all my issues and the Hub Black is for 38mb connections, im on the faster broadband connection.

sorry to have to ask but i dont want to waste your time and mine by having you send out a router that cant handle the connection in the first place.

thanks again for any reply, i just want to get this issue sorted asap.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

Hi Debbie, thanks for sending a router out to test as long as its not the HG633 im sure it will work fine. i'll allow 48 hours for it to arrive and then i will message to say i have it. after that i will run it for 24 hours then report back and then again after 72 hours. hopefully this will sort it out. will there be a way for me to return the HG635 that now has corrupt firmware on it?

thanks again for the help this is stressing me out with the kids school work. everything else we can do without while trying to sort this but the school work is important.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

Hi ceffyn

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way (this is not the HG633) Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 26 of 30

as long as its not the HG633 sure i need to sort this asap because im even having trouble getting my kids school work while this is constantly restarting.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

Hi ceffyn

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send our new Huawei WIFI hub for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 30

updated the personal profile, and yeah if the firmware cant be downgraded then i will need to change the router. as long as its not a HG633 i wont mind. the annoying part is after going to the HG635 everything was working until after the firmware update 😞

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 29 of 30

Hi @ceffyn,

It is unlikely that the staff here will be able to 'downgrade' to older firmware, so the solution here might be a replacement with one of the new models of router, but the staff here will be able to confirm for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes