Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

MR2021
Team Player
Message 70 of 70

Having browsed community posts back to 2018 about similar issues and seen people with the same problem with other ISPs, I am no nearer finding an issue to the regular internet drop  out that occur at roughly the same time most (but not every) days.

Symptom: Internet connection is lost for a minute or two. Reconnection is automatic. The drop out is sufficient to disrupt video calls. The drop-outs occur between 15mins and 30mins past the hour. Generally this is midnight or 14:00 BST.

Internet speed is good and stable for rest of the time.

Error message from router log:

25.05.2021 14:24:09 Warning DHCPC

1. Nothing new in the house to cause electrical interference.

2. OpenReach line test at the exchange, at the street box and from the master socket: all good.

3. No new devices connecting.

4. No high-demand (e.g. gaming or HD streaming)

5. One unused extension cable into master socket which has been there for years without any issue.

6. Router Vlan is set to 101

Diagnostics tests: The problem is still recurring when:

Router plugged into master socket (MK4 style with built in micro filters.)

Router plugged into test socket with new (TalkTalk supplied) microfilter.

Router with various combinations of wired and wireless devices attached (no more than 6 devices).

Router replaced with a new one from TalkTalk. No configuration changes -  i.e. out of the box factory settings.

Does anyone anywhere have any idea what the router log error message means and where the fault might be located?

Would it have anything to do with moving to Fibre35? Note: it is still copper into the house.

Does it have anything to do with dynamic IP addressing?

I'm clutching at straws here. And TalkTalk service desk are following the script....

0 Likes
69 REPLIES 69

Message 61 of 70

I tend to agree: Do you have any suggestions about what causes the error then? I can't see why the Wifi would cause the error. But as no-one can telll me what the error means or what to do about it, I am forced to go through the exercise of following Teceh Support's script. So:

OpenReach engineer line test. Done.

Internal devices and interference. Done.

New router. Done.

Changing channels on wifi - in progress.

0 Likes

Message 62 of 70

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How did you get on with Tech Support? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 63 of 70

It is not a WiFi issue. 

0 Likes

Message 64 of 70

Thank you. Please let me know - I'm on a call with Tech Support now who are suggesting wifi congestion and changing channels. Can't see how that is going to help.

0 Likes

Message 65 of 70

@MR2021 I have seen this issue arising before, it needs a network level solution. Please wait for the support team to pick this up. 

0 Likes

Message 66 of 70

Interesting, I'm experiencing similar issues whereby every day or so I will get 3 or 4 drops of service very close together (within 10 to 15 minutes), but then the rest of the time things are fine. I had 4 drops between 14:50 and 14:57 today. I'm using an older HG633 at the moment as my newer hub is also playing up 😞 , I'll have to check the logs after work to see what I can see !

0 Likes

Message 67 of 70

This is getting silly: 

With the newly arrived router, out of the box:

01.06.2021 14:49:38WarningDHCPC
01.06.2021 14:48:33WarningDHCPC
01.06.2021 14:47:24WarningDHCPC

0 Likes

Message 68 of 70

Hi, thanks for your response.

The light on the router follows the normal pattern after a disconnection: it goes orange, then flashes white/orange then stays white. The whole process takes a couple of minutes.

I'll update my community profile - this was my first post, so wasn't aware I needed to do that.

regards

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 69 of 70

Hi @MR2021,

When this happens what do the light(s) do on the router.

Does it always come back within a few minutes and then work fine again.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff here won't be around now until Tuesday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes