Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is weird!

Talman
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 18

Hi me again! 😁

My tablets more often than not do not connect immediately to the router. My Huawei tablet today took 15 minutes to connect, the same tablet connected immediately at the houses of family with no problems. My Asus tablet connected today after around 5 minutes. 

Given both connect with no issues elsewhere there has to be something happening (or not happening) when I try to connect to our router.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or advice as to why I have this problem with our router. 

Many thanks Dave. 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

Talman
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 18

Hi Debbie

Will do! I have no issues connecting with the tablets  or the desktop since Saturday, so it looks promising! 😁 I will box the other router up and send it back!

Many thanks Dave. 

Message 3 of 18

Hi Dave

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Debbie

The new hub arrived today and the early signs are good! Everything connected immediately with no problems. Following previous advice I then rebooted the router after turning it off for at least 30 minutes and everything connected again. 😁👍

I will monitor it over next couple of days and once I am confident it is okay I will send the other router back!

Once again thank you (and everyone else who tried to help) for you time and help, it is / was appreciated.

Best wishes Dave. 

Message 5 of 18

Talman
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 18

Hi Debbie

Thank you very much for your help and I will keep you posted!

Best wishes Dave. 

Message 7 of 18

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

The Sagemcom hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Debbie

I believe the issues with the Sagem may been resolved and as we had no connection problems with the Sagem I could test that against the Huawei we currently have. Obviously if we continue to have issues it would then indicate the problem is elsewhere!

Thanks again for all your help! Best wishes Dave. 

Message 9 of 18

Hi Talman

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub or a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Chris

If you think that may help then it has to be worth a try. We had the Sagem super router but kept getting the error message that was apparently something to do with the firmware I believe. We were sent the Huawei router which is the one we are having issues with!

Thanks for your response, best wishes Dave.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

OK thanks, would you like us to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi Chris

No it doesn't. I have tried standing next to the router! I was also having problems with my desktop, but since I reset the router my ethernet connection has been restored and it connects immediately. It has to be something to do with the communication between the router and the tablets, given they work fine elsewhere. We had no issue with connection before the router was replaced, which is ironic!

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Talman,

Does it make any difference how close the tablets are to the router? Do you experience the same issue with the tablets close to the router in the same room?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi Debbie

Yes I have reset the router, which improved my speeds on the desktop and everything else once connected. 

That is the odd thing it is just the tablets! My desktop is connecting instantly as is my wife's laptop.

Many thanks for your response Dave. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Dave

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Is this only affecting the tablets? Do you have any other devices connected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Yes it is! I was advised to try splitting the SSID which I did but still had the same issue no matter which channel I tried to connect with! 🙁

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Talman do you know if this is happening on both 2.4 and 5ghz? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.