cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Total loss of service-London SW2 Kingsmead Rd

34 REPLIES
Highlighted
geo86
Conversation Starter

Yeah!

London, 2017, "Fast broadband package" and we have no service what so ever. We were just recovering after more than 2 weeks of "repairs" on our road and today is all dead again.

The billing system is never down though.

Community Team

Hi geo86

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to our Network Team for investigation. I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi geo86

We've received an update to advise that this fault is with BT Openreach and we should receive further updates within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

geo86
Conversation Starter

How comes that we have so many disruptions in the last couple of months?

And none of them are rectified within 24-48h. 

Community Team

Hi 

As with most providers, we log the faults to Openreach and must follow their processes and work within their SLA.

The fault is progressing for a non appointed engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

geo86
Conversation Starter

I recommend everyone to stay away from TalkTalk. 48h since I've reported the fault and not a single update/email/phone call. Horrendous!

Avoid TalkTalk! Pay a bit more and go for a reliable provider if your life/work rely on a broadband connection.

ferguson
Community Star

You mentioned that you had roadworks of some kind recently, are you the only ones in your area affected by this loss of service?

geo86
Conversation Starter
"Repairs" on our road meaning BT/Openreach messing wires around manholes and exchange box.
Yes, there are other affected, coincidentally TalkTalk customers. Somehow Sky and BT are all fine. (but they pay more for it).

I'll take the complaint further to Ofcom, this is unacceptable.

http://tinyurl.com/kingsmead-bb
ferguson
Community Star

Well, I note from your link that you have the misfortune to have aluminium cabling in your area, this is unfortunate. Equally, there is no reason whatsoever why customers of any other ISP should be in a better, or worse position, nor would it make any difference to you if you switched, the wiring to your home would remain exactly the same regardless of provider.

I sympathise with your predicament and understand your frustration, the reality is that we are all at the mercy of BT Openreach when it comes to this sort of thing.

geo86
Conversation Starter

ferguson wrote:

the wiring to your home would remain exactly the same regardless of provider.

Or maybe not, maybe they'll use something called fiber.

ferguson
Community Star

Do any other Openreach providers in your area offer fibre to the home? It may of course be worth considering Virgin Media if they operate in your area, that may be the only realistic alternative.

geo86
Conversation Starter
24-48h gone now, still no updates, still no services.
ferguson
Community Star

You will hopefully get an update here tomorrow, the OCE do not generally work weekends.

Community Team

Hi geo86

I'm really sorry for the delays.

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi geo86

BT Openreach have provided the following update:

Passing to an engineer with underground skills because the fault has been proven underground. The line has been proven good to the PCP. 

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

geo86
Conversation Starter

Magic number this 48, it keeps you going on and on. 

Is the fault in the same cable that presumably was replaced 2 weeks ago?

What is the contractual timeframe within a fault must be fixed? 

Community Team

Hi geo86

It's dependent on the work required to fix this fault. This fault also requires a different engineer and this is why the engineer requested an underground skilled engineer. As soon as we receive further information then we will provide you with an update on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

geo86
Conversation Starter
So basically it can take as long as you want although, by law, you need to provide a timeframe to fix a fault.
This is not a catastrophic situation nor a natural disaster where it can be difficult to reatore a service. It's one line that stopped working five days ago. And I am in a fairly central part of London, I'm not on top of a hill in a remote area.
Community Team

Hi geo86

We have to allow BT Openreach up to 72hrs to investigate. If further work is required then BT Openreach will let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

geo86
Conversation Starter
So when am I entitled to terminate the contract if you don't fix the fault?

For sure I shouldn't need to wait until it expires in these circumstances.