cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Totally sick of the slow upload speed and the unhelpful support team.

51 REPLIES 51
eattheliving
Team Player

Hi there,

well I thought I would try a post on here in the vain effort to get my issue sorted. I have reported on numerous occasions my slow upload speed (0.8mbps to 1.2mbps) only to be told that there isn’t an issue and could I monitor my speeds. I have done this over the past 3 weeks. I have also requested 2 call backs and yepp u guessed it...no call backs. I have asked for an engineer visit only to be told that this is chargeable. I don’t see why I should pay as there is defiantly an issue with my service. Originally my upload speed was 12mbps. My download speed is great so no issues there. 

Any help would be appreciated.

R tideswell
Divsec
Community Star

hi @eattheliving your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
eattheliving
Team Player
Heard nothing yet???
R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Just to confirm, are you running the speed tests wired or wireless? Could you switch the router off for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test using the TalkTalk Speed Tester so we can see how the throughput speeds compare please.

Thanks

eattheliving
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

thanks for the reply.

I run the tests on both wired and wireless with the same results. The upload speed I always between 0.8 to 1.5 mbps. The download speed is always fine. I have done the reboot and left it 30 mins and still get the same results.

R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you run another wired speed test using the TalkTalk Speed Tester so we can see how the throughput speed compares in relation to the sync speed please.

Thanks

eattheliving
Team Player

Just ran a speed test. Wired using talktalk speedcheck.

66.2 download and an amazing 3.6 mbps upload. This is the highest it’s been since reporting the issue almost 3 weeks ago.

R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving

Can you try running the test connected directly to the Test socket. 

eattheliving
Team Player

Hi Arne,

how can I do that please. There is no rj45 port on it?

R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving,

I've included a Help Article below. Just to confirm, when did you last try the 30 minute switch off? Would it be possible to try this one more time for the full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds if the sync speeds look ok.

Do you also receive the same speeds on at least 2 different devices?

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks

eattheliving
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

last week was the last time for the 30 min switch off and yes I get the same the same speeds on different devices. Wired and WiFi. I will have to do the do the switch off later as I need to leave for work now but I will report back later.

thanks

R tideswell
eattheliving
Team Player

Hi Michelle, Switched off the router for 30 mins as suggested, below are the results.

wireless: download 65mbps, upload 1.0 mbps

wired: download 61.14 mbps, upload 2.99 mbps.

as you can see no significant change to the upload speed as I should get upto 12 mbps.

what next please?

R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving

The sync speed and upload sync speed look good.

If you have powered down the router for 30 minutes and run a wired speed test on different devices then it may be worth testing with a different router. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

eattheliving
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

thanks for the fast response and yes I agree it is worth a try with a new router. So yes please.

R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

eattheliving
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

that’s great and will do.

Thank you for all the help from the team.

R tideswell
Community Team
eattheliving
Team Player

Hi all, well the new router arrived and has been installed since this morning. I have left it until now so that the signal could stabilise.

i am connected currently directly to the test port and have the following test results.

wired: 55mbps download and 2.24 mbps upload.

wireless is 66.6 mbps download and 0.9 mbps upload.

As you can see no change to the upload speeds.

So guys what’s next please?

Also I have read that sometimes the broadband profile gets changed and this affects the speeds. Could you tell me what my profile is please and if it has been changed?

R tideswell
Community Team

Hi eattheliving,

Thanks for testing this. I've re-checked the connection stats and everything looks ok with both the sync speed and the profile. Could you confirm if you're using all the new cables and the microfilter that came with the new router and we can ask our Network Team to take a look?

Thanks