Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

UNABLE TO ACCESS FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM

10 REPLIES 10
nigelnw
Chatterbox

When connected to my talktalk wifi, I am unable to access Facebook/Instagram via my Sony Xperia. If I disconnect from the wifi and go to normal phone data connection, everything works fine. I have no problem with any other wifi connection I use, just everytime I connect at home.

Strangely, connection via laptop and other phones used by family is fine.

Community Team

Hi nigelnw,

I'm sorry to hear this. Has this previously worked ok on your phone? Do you receive any error messages? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

nigelnw
Chatterbox

My router is Huawei H1 01. It is getting worse all the time as I am now also unable to connect to Alexa, unless using standing phone connection. It is only my Sony Xperia that has problems, but it never has problems using other wifi connections, only my own talktalk connection.

Community Team

Hi nigelnw,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

nigelnw
Chatterbox

I have updated my profile.

Regards

Nigel

Community Team

Hi Nigel,

Thanks. I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware. Would you like us to send a 3782 router for testing purposes?

Thanks

nigelnw
Chatterbox

Yes please. That would be appreciated.

Thank you

DarkmanUK
First Timer

Try switching off the router for a few mins, this will flush its cache, which will speed things up a bit. Do the same for the facebook app, go to your settings, find the 'apps' tab then find facebook app, depending on what version of andriod you have, choose either memory or cache and delete it, you could do the same with storage/memory (mine is currently sitting at 627mb!!) This will definitely speedup facebook. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "In The Silence Of The Night, We Can Still Hear Their Screams"
Community Team

Hi nigelnw,

I've ordered the router, should be with your within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

nigelnw
Chatterbox

The router arrived on Friday. So far, so good 😀. I am now able to access facebook and instagram with no problems. 😀

Community Team

Hi nigelnw,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks