would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access my no-ip address locally

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
unabatedshagie
First Timer

I'm unable to access my no-ip address through my router.

If I try and access is via any device going through the router the address fails to load, if I try and access the address via my phone while it's connected to 3G or via my work computer the address loads.

Is this a known issue with the router I have? These are the details about the router version/firmware:

Hardware VersionSoftware VersionGUI Version

FAST5364 3.00
SG4K10002600t

Is there anything anyone can think of to fix this?

Community Team

Hi unabatedshagie,

Welcome to the Community 

I think this may be due to the local access request being seen as loopback traffic but I'm not really well up on this, @KeithFrench, are you able to offer any advice

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

Hi @unabatedshagie 

I did see your post earlier today, but did not have time to respond to it. It is not a problem with the router as such, it is the router blocking a potential security vulnerability. Any traffic from a device connected locally to the router that is routed out to the internet & then tries to come back in again, is classed as loopback traffic. All TalkTalk routers block this, as they consider this to a vulnerability.

So I assume that you have done some port forwarding to a local device (PC, NAS, CCTV, games console etc) so as you access it from the internet. If you want to access it locally, then all you have to do is to connect not to your No-Ip domain, but to that device's 192.168.1.X IP address.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

unabatedshagie
First Timer

Thanks for the help, I thought that might be the case.

I knew and am using the local IP address of the machine I'm trying to access, it's just I have things on my phone that I need to access both outside and inside my network and it's a minor pain to have to reconfigure them every time I'm disconnected to my wifi.

Guess I'll have to look into getting a new router at some point then.