Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to VPN for home working

LongtermVPNissues
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hello

I have been experiencing repeated issues with accessing VPN, as has my girlfriend who works for a different company and therefore a different VPN. Both of us are able to access our company systems at her house (she had the sense to use Plusnet). 

The router I am using is DLink DSL 3782 which I can see from the community has these exact issues. 

Did you find that using a different Talktalk router fixed these issues? If this issue cannot be fixed I would also like to know if I can cancel my 18 month contract as these problems are persistent and are obviously now pretty critical. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Alex

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear that this is now working 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
Thanks Debbie. This seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!

Alex

Message 3 of 7

Hi Alex

Thanks for the additional information.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Debbie

Yes a new router would be very helpful. Hopefully this will fix the issue. Please could you let me know when this is sent or let me know if you need any more information to be able to send it.

The connection succeeds but i cannot access websites behind the VPN or the company's files as I can at my girlfriend's place. 

We are both using Cisco Any Connect.

Thanks very much

Alex

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi LongtermVPNissues

Apologies for this.

I can send you a replacement HG633 router, would you like me to arrange this?

Can you tell me that happens when you try to connect to VPN - any errors etc.  Does the connection succeed but then you cannot browse etc or is the connection refused ?

What VPN software are you using - Cisco Anyconnect etc ,  Microsoft Remote Desktop etc.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 6 of 7
hey, thanks for the post, i've flagged for a member of the team to come along and help, could you confirm the name of the VPN client your using please.
Stephen, Community Manager