Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to connect to company VPN using TalkTalk Router

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I am creating a new post as requested.

I am the customer from this thread: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Unable-to-use-Direct-Access-with-Huawei-HG633-Ro...

Please help.

Quoted:

Unable to use Direct Access with Huawei HG633 Router
Good afternoon,

I work in IT Support for the local Authority and we use DirectAccess.

One of our customers, a local Councillor, is having the same trouble as described in this link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Direct-access-doesn-t-work/td-p/2368269

He is using the Huawei HG633 Router with firmware version h.1.01

I understand that the resolution is to swap out his router, could you confirm how we would go about doing this please? We've already tried calling in twice and using the live chat.

We've already tried replacing his laptop and have been out to troubleshoot at his home with additional devices, all are having intermittent connection issues.

our Direct Accessserver is working fine as no other users are having this trouble

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If you can ask the user to post on here, we can talk direct with him, take some details and if required swap out the router.

We will also be able to look at the router remotely to make sure it is running the correct firmware.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello Karl,

Thanks, I am the user. Please let me know what you need.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John

Your connection looks ok, no issues showing.  The router is running the latest firmware V2.00T.

The current router is over 3 years old so I'll swap this out for a different model.  This should arrive within the next 24-48hrs.

Let me know if direct access works with this new model.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE