Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited Phone Calls from TalkTalk 0330 057 7850

chemitrol
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

I had several calls from this number (0330 057 7850) which I didn't answer as I don't recognise the number.

A legitimate caller would leave a message on voicemail, but this number doesn't.

I did a search and several people report this number as being TalkTalk retentions.

I've received another call from 0330 057 7850 which I answered this time.

The lady told me she was Nina from TalkTalk retentions. I asked her why no messages were left on voicemail and was told that their system just hangs up if a call goes to voicemail, which is fair enough.

I said goodbye, and hung up without any convesation, as I'm not going to dicuss my account with an unsolicited caller from an unknown number.

I called the number an got: "Welcome to TalkTalk. OK, I'll put you through to one of the team."

So IT IS TalkTalk calling.

However, Arne from TalkTalk Support has previously stated that TalkTalk will not make unsolicited calls. I haven't asked for a phone call, so why am I getting them?

I have never requested a call from TalkTalk, and my contact preferences exclude phone contact, so why am I being called?

Wouldn't it be ironic if in response to a thread started about a breach of contract, TalkTalk breach my contact preferences in an attempt to resolve the issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

chemitrol
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 5

Only because YOU merged 2 separate threads @ferguson !

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

@chemitrol You have a response about this from @Arne-TalkTalk in your other thread. 

0 Likes

chemitrol
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 5

chemitrol_1-1625570762787.png

I was called on my mobile phone.

0 Likes

chemitrol
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 5

chemitrol_0-1625570691024.png

0 Likes