Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 65 - no change in performance :-(

TheBood
Participant
Message 6 of 6

I renewed my contract just over a couple of weeks ago.  The chap offered me an upgrade from 35 to 65.  I told him that I wasn't sure I could get 65 in my area, but he assured me I could.  In the back of mind I wasn't convinced, but went for it.

I've kept an eye on things and there's no change 😞  I still get the same speeds, 30MB average max.  Looking at the DSL log of my Asus router, the Max KBPS speeds haven't changed.  So I tried plugging in the TalkTalk Fast 5634 router, and still no change.

I was told, I could always downgrade, but I have only a couple of days, before I'm locked in.

Does Fibre 65 really deliver more speed?

Simon
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Simon

From looking at the predicted speed range I don't think the speed will increase any further, sorry about this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team using Live Chat then they can remove the speed boost for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie

I have been with TalkTalk 15years. Ever since fibre broadband has been available we have had 30mb, bar the odd glitch.  That's with no speed boost.

I was offered fibre 65.  I asked the chap are you sure we can get that? He said yes. I was sceptical, but thought why not give it a go. 

I have seen no increase in the max kbps rate for download or upload. It's the same. 

I even reverted to using your router, but that's the same too. I do not use your router, as it only has limited lan controls and configuration options.

So in short, I'm paying more for what I already had.  It's as though the fibre 65 has not been enabled.

Regards

Simon

Simon
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi TheBood

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 65.4 and 42.8mb, and with a guaranteed minimum speed of 32.2mb.

Were you only receiving 30mb when you added the speed boost? 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi TheBood

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that your line is in sync at 33.5mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Speak to Chat about this today, @TheBood .

Links from here, after 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff take around 2 days to catch up with the backlog from the weekend, so they may not reach this in time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.