Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Router Replacement service issues

SMiah1
Chat Champion
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

Current Router: HG633

S/W Version: V2.0

My current router is suffering from intermittment power / broadband issues based upon analysis. I'm suffering no services in the broadband when this occurs, especially if the telephone rings the internet & broadband lights go out on the router - signal disconnects. Furthermore, the micro-filter and ADSL are very worn out.

Please may I kindly request for ASAP router replacement with new set of micro-filters and ADSL cable.

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi SMiah1,

Glad to hear your happy with the new router. That is the latest firmware version currently available but there will be new firmware released very soon 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 18

Hi,

Just received the new D-Link router Thank you very much for your prompt response.

It's so much faster than the two Huawei routers, both WiFi and Sync speed, very pleased 🙂

However it says on the settings page 2016 firmware:

Currect Firmware Version:	v1.08t
Firmware Date:	Dec 1 2016-11:33:53

Please can you kindly update to the latest firmware available?

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

No Problem, please let us know how you get on with the new router 🙂

Chris

Message 4 of 18

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind and prompt response.

I definitely don't dislike this router, it's given me the highest throughput out of every single router I'ved used. It's the problem with "freezing" / no service temporarily that is requiring me to get it replaced.

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi SMiah1,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the HG635, it certainly isn't out of date, I've used one myself for a number of years until very recently and been very pleased with the performance 

I've ordered a 3782 as requested, it should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery (you'll also receive a returns bag to send the HG635 back in)

Thanks
Chris

Message 6 of 18

Hi,

Current Router: HG635

Firmware: 1.14t

I knew it the moment I was sent this out of date router, I have some bad news, this HG635 is absolutely horrible. So for some strange reason the router goes into some sort of "freeze mode" - all of the devices lose connection, and nothing works. I even try to access the router admin page "192.168.1.1" and I get page inaccessible error. I try to ping but keep getting "Request timed out."

The only way to get it back in a working state is restarting the router, or wait for it to eventually return back to normal state. I can't understand why I even can't access router Settings Page. I know this was an issue on HG633 was solved with V2.0 firmware, but why is it affected on the HG635 - I'm on the latest firmware as well v1.14. I've used Wifi Analyzer to scan and change channels but no difference, it was on Auto, still kept happening, and tried manually going through so many but nothing, still kept happening. In a way I've been spending more time restarting and playing with the channels than trying to be Online.

Please can you urgently ASAP send me a up-to-date replacement router - I'm with intermittment service (basically when this issue occurs have to reboot router excessively) - very fustrating especially if I'm in the middle of something. Please can you kindly send me the D-LINK 3782 router - please don't send the HG635 & HG633 - these two are giving me horrible service.

Please kindly send a router before the weekend.

Best Regards,
S

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 8 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help - moderators please kindly close this thread

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi

The maximum line rate is the absolute maximum under perfect conditions and these will very rarely be achieved as different equipment and different chipsets within the equipment will handle the connection in different ways, and all will negotiate the sync rate with the exchange equipment based on many factors.

The router and exchange equipment basically have a conversation at the start of the connection and based on multiple criteria will agree on the best line rate to ensure the most stable connection.  

The line rate you are achieving is very close to this.  If the line was particularly slow or much lower than this and no issues were evident we would then investigate for any line or connection issues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for your kind and prompt response.

The line statis didn't improve, why isn't syncing on the maximum downstream?

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi

The router is currently running the latest firmware v1.14.

I've optimised the line to allow the router to reach the best sync rate for the connection.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi,

Router: HG635

Please can you kindly push the latest firmware to the router. As it stands currently says "2016" in various places etc..

Secondly, it shows in the statistics:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

Please can you kindly alter my speed to reach the maximum downstream of 12728 as know - please ignore any disconnections on my line, it's me configuring / tweaking and rebooting. I have a stable connection.

Best Regards,

Note: Apologies not sure if I needed to create a seperate thread

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Message 14 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for clarification, much appreciated 🙂

All good so far.

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi

The HG635 is no older than the current router, just a different model and still being manufactured.

Test with this and let us know 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Thank you very much for your fast response.

I've just received it - quite baffled really. I received a model HG635, if I'm not mistaken isn't that a much older model than my current one "HG633" ?

Best Regards,

S

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 18

Hi SMiah1

Apologies for this.

The replacement router and returns bag are on the way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie