Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Blocked

Karen73
Visitor
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I'm using a VPN to work from home - I've been using this for around 18 months with no problems, however, today I've been unable to access it.

I've contacted the IT department at work and they have told me this is a frequent problem with Talktalk users trying to log in and that Talktalk block access to the VPN.

The VPN works on my phone using the data but not using wifi. I'm unable to access the VPN on a desktop or laptop but all other websites are working as normal.

I've tried re-starting everything and using different web browsers. I've also tried truning off Homesafe. I've spoken to two different people at Talktalk technical support but they've not been able to assist.

I can send more information about the VPN privately if this is any help?

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Karen73

Apologies for this. I can send a different make and model of router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Debbie, I've just tried the pinhole reset & the VPN still won't connect.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Debbie, I've put the details of the VPN in my private notes section of the profile. Where on the router is the pinhole reset?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 6

Check the firewall setting on the router, some customers have found this has moved up a level with router firmware updates.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Karen73

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can just check, which VPN client are you using?

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes