Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN Connection not working

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

I have been using a Network Connect vpn for a few years to connect to my work.

I have just changed my PC from Win7 to Win10 and the new company vpn (windows) connects but drops out after a while and keeps doing so each time I reconnect. I spent a good while yesterday chatting with TT who wanted to sell me superfast fibre and then said VPN is not supported.

I am loathe to upgrade if I still wouldn't be able to connect to my work. I tried my PC on my sons SKY connection and it worked fine and it was tested on BT before being shipped to me.

I don't want to change provider if the issue can be fixed on the current setup that I have.

If anyone has any hints on the url I need to connect to the router I will be grateful as well - is it http or https and which suffix eg /login

I managed to connect yesterday after trying several variations but for the life of me I cant remember which one was successfull

Thanks

Colin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pilote741

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm unable to connect to your router, apologies for this. Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Debbie

The router is a D-Link DSL 3680

Thanks

Colin

Colin
Highlighted

Hi Colin

Thanks for your reply.

I think we should send a HG633 for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks Debbie - that would be great.

Colin

Colin
Highlighted

Hi Colin

The replacement HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you so much for organising the router. It has been installed since lunchtime and I have been connected to the vpn for the afternoon so looks good.

Colin
Highlighted

Hi

That's great news, glad the VPN connection is working for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE