Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Connectivity issues with WiFi Hub

Wilson2405
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

I can't connect to my work's VPN with the WiFi Hub. I've read that other people had similar problems. Can you please help on how to either change settings on the router to allow VPN or send a router that does support VPN as this will disrupt my work significantly in the forthcoming weeks with Coronavirus.

My work connect via Connect2.

The message I get is 'Could not connect to Secure Gateway because the certificate is invalid or not trusted by the client system. Click OK to exit NC and Sign in to Secure Gateway again. If problem persists, please contact your administrator.'

I'm connecting from  Windows 7.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Wilson2405

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Wilson2405,

Just checking to see if the replacement router has arrived and if the VPN connection is now ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Wilson2405

The replacement router is on its way. There will be no charge for this.

Once you connect the new router your family will just need to connect their devices again to this router (using the wireless password)

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

That would be great thanks. Would this be free? and how does it impact the rest of my family/devices using Wi-Fi?

Message 5 of 12

Hi Wilson2405,

Ok thanks. Would you like us to send a replacement router (different make and model) for testing?

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
Hi,
I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I have to use iPass and connect2 along with an RSA key fob. Is that what you need?
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 12

Hi Wilson2405,

Thank you. I've checked and your router does have the latest version of firmware which should work ok with VPN. What VPN Client are you using? Would you like us to send a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12
Hi, yes I spoke to the first, they said its to do with your side.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Michelle,

I cannot connect wired or wireless.

I have updated my details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi Wilson2405,

Sorry to hear this. Are you unable to connect both wired and wireless?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 11 of 12
Hey, one of the team will be along shortly to offer advice, can i ask have you spoken to your works IT department for advice in the first instance? I ask because the WiFi hub does support VPN and does work with many different VPN clients and often it can be a configuration issue.
Thanks
Stephen, Community Manager