Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN Issues back with DSL-3782

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Beesbee
Team Player

Hi all,

Well once again the VPN issue is back with a vengeance. In fairness it started probably 3 months ago and for convenience sake i got  permission from neighbor to use their service for VPN  ( Obviously not a TT customer ) Issues started when all of a sudden the different wireless  devices started to lose connection, as in couldn't even find the router.This happened intermittently over about a 3 week period one after another and the VPN went at the same time. Done all the usual checks, firmware 1.10, router settings firewall settings. Took obvious step of Factory set router after checks, this solved wireless issues but not the all important VPN.

Seems TT dont want people using vpn for whatever reason, probably Data Collection, Big money, Most things come down to money  with these big gov run company's  at the end of the day. Anyway rant over .Could we please cut out all the  repetitive tests as the OCE's probably can see ive been through all this before and i would be eternally grateful if you could just send me a router that is known to work with no major VPN issues and one where i can change my DNS servers too as this option has also disappeared, although i cant remember if it ever had one on the DSL-3782. im sure it did, it was just well hidden. Ahh the plot thickens.

Anyway hope you've all had a cracking festive period and are all looking forward to the new year and lots of new VPN issues ( You know its gonna happen).

Cheers Beesbee

Poor is the man who's pleasure depends upon the permission of another.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

The Dlink does work with the majority of VPN providers, but I'll get a Huawei model out to you.

TalkTalk do not block VPN connections as quite a lot of employees also use VPN.  I'm using it now 🙂

Karl.

Highlighted
Beesbee
Team Player

Cheers Carl. Will report back when all tests on new router completed.

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Beesbee
Team Player

OCE_Karl

A quick thank you for the speedy response to the router problem, sorry i haven't been as quick to reply due to personal issues.

Router has been performing well through all tests, DNS easy to find and change as should be the case with all routers, so, so far all is good ( Probably hexed myself there 🙄). If any problems do occur, my first stop as always will be here on the forum and definitely not with TT Tech Team ( Tongue firmly placed in cheek when i say that )

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Beesbee

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie