Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection issue

mwilko7
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi there,

I've got the VPN connection problem a lot of users have reported on the community, if I connect to my work VPN I lose all internet access (including being unable to connect to work computer and internal internet access) but this returns when I disconnect the VPN. Would appreciate any help, I've read a lot of the similar posts but haven't seen what the universal answer to this problem is?

Router model:   DSL-3782

Router firmware:   v1.08t

Tried with no success: 

- Using either the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz channel seperately

- Factory reset of router (10s hold reset)

Thanks, Martin

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Martin

I'm so glad to hear this.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Yep all working with the DSL3782 router when connecting using openVPN connect (my partner could also get it to work with a Cisco VPN program that her work use). The new router arrived and that works now with the original windows VPN connection setup as well.

So the thing that doesn't work is the DSL3782 router when connecting to the VPN through windows' own network manager (this approach works with the new router and has worked for me before at other locations using different internet providers).

Thanks for you help, we're all ready for working from home.. we'll see how long it's for..

Cheers, Martin

Message 3 of 10

Hi Martin

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Is this now working ok with the DSL3782 router?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hey again, 

For future reference, my work IT department helped find another solution for this issue - connecting to the VPN through a program called OpenVPN Connect rather than through the Windows VPN in network and internet settings! I don't know why but this works! 

Cheers, Martin

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl,

Ok great, appreciate your help.

Cheers, Martin

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi

I'll get a Huawei router out to you asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Ok yep I've updated my details thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Martin,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes