Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN issue HG633

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Having real problems connecting to VPN from home.

Can hotspot fine but its too slow for work.

I'm running HG633 with all the latest firmware etc. Have tried restarting the router manually but no success.

Tech guys at work say its a TalkTalk problem. Will have to change providers if this cant be resolved.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Albrownz,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your VPN

The HG633 usually works fine with VPN's. Which VPN client are you using? What happens when you try to connect to the VPN, any error messages?

How does the VPN device connect to your router, Ethernet cable, wifi or home plugs?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Chris @OCE_Chris 

Running the VPN on Windows 10 through WIFI.

Error message: "The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect to the VPN server"

Hardware version is H.1.01 is this the most up to date?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Any ideas anyone?

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Albrownz Have you tried rebooting the PC ? This resets the VPN connection and could solve the issue, its always worth trying the simplest things first, if that doesn't work temporarily turn off the firewall and try again, then turn AV off, basically its a process of elimination.Try these first and see if there is any change.

Poor is the man who's pleasure depends upon the permission of another.
Highlighted

Hi Albrownz,

Sorry for the delay. I'm unable to see the version of firmware on your router. Is this currently version 2.00 as this should work ok with VPN? Are you also unable to connect wired?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Bought a TP link router and after a bit of tweaking we managed to get it to work. 

Highlighted

Hi Albrownz,

Ok, thanks for the update.

Thanks