Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN issues on D-Link DSL-3782 Router

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I am having connectivity issues with my works' new VPN and have seen that it is linked to the router I have - the D-Link DSL-3782.

I have also seen that there is a firmware update that is meant to resolve the issue. Please could I get that firmware update? I would really appreciate it if this could be resolved before Friday if possible as I need to work from home that day and can't work without the VPN.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi mwalkland,

I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware. Are you still unable to connect to VPN since your last post? Does this affect wired and wireless? 

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I can actually connect to the VPN, but once I do I can’t access many websites as they refuse to load. 

I’ve consulted with my IT team and there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong on their end so must be something to do with my router as other people are using it with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

If you change DNS settings, can you then browse websites when connected to VPN ? 

Have a read of this thread : 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/D-Link-DSL-3782-VPN-Connection-Issue/m-p/2146785...

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Karl,

So changing DNS settings (to Google) did not work. However, changing the MTU settings to up it to 1500 did work! Thanks for pointing me to one of the threads where I found that information.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Believe it or not, but you've actually helped solve an issue a neighbour was having. They couldn't get their Sky+ HD to download any catch-up or box sets, so I changed their MTU and it worked!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi mwalkland,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks