Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN not working on Wifi Hub

11 REPLIES 11
denman
Chatterbox

I can't connect to my work's VPN with the Wifi Hub. I've read that other people had similar problems. Can you please advise on how to either change settings on the router to allow VPN or send a router that does support VPN as this has disrupted my work significantly in the past week. thanks

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Denman, which router do you have the name and model should be on the reverse.

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back on Monday

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi denman,

I'm sorry to hear this. VPN should work on the wifi hub. Does this affect both wired and wireless? Which VPN client are you using? What happens when you try to connect?

Thanks

denman
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

I now tested connecting with a wired connection and that works fine, however wireless does not. I am using cisco AnytimeConnect and the error message I get when I try to connect on wifi is:

The service provider in your current location is restricting access to the Internet. You need to log on with the service provider before you can establish a VPN session. You can try this by visiting any website with your browser.

The wired connection is OK for a temporary workaround but I would prefer to also connect through wifi as I would either have to work in the living room (where the router is) or have ugly cables through my flat to my office.

Many thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

This is a strange issue.  What device are you connecting from, eg. Windows laptop etc? 

If you separate the wifi frequencies, so change the name to the 5Ghz band, do you get the same issue on both 2Ghz and 5Ghz?

Thanks

Karl. 

denman
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

it works on the 2Ghz band but not on 5Ghz band. Ideally I would like to avoid having 2 different Wifi names though.

Thanks

denman
Chatterbox

sorry forgot to add that I am connecting from a MacBook Pro with iOS 10.12.6

Divsec
Community Star

@OCE_Karl forgive me interfering, i wonder if the channel for 5ghz is either set to a high number, or auto and still choosing a channel the laptop doesn't like?

Try 40 manual might help?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi denman,

Thanks for testing and confirming.

I'll take this to our Device manager now to look into and see what I can find out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Good call by @Divsec, can you check the channel number on the 5GHz.

Karl.

denman
Chatterbox

brilliant, guys that has done the trick, I've set the channel down to 40 and all is working now fine. 

Many thanks for you help!

Community Team

Hi

Glad this is working for you now.

Regards,

Karl.