Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN not working

Margaret23
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 3

I posted the post below on 27 February 2019

I am having problems connecting into my office from home. I use sonic wall VPN. The problem started when I got a new router from TalkTalk (DSL 3782). I note from previous posts that other users of this router are having the same problem. Can someone arrange to send me a router that allows me to connect into my office using VPN. I understand that another router (HG633) will solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

I received a reply and email telling me to include my telephone number in my profile so that the engineers could pick up the problem. I did that on 28 February 2019 but have heard nothing further......What do I do now?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Margaret23

I'm unable to connect to your router, apologies for this.

Please can you factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and update your router firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

There is new firmware for this router that fixes the VPN issues. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and upgrade it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes