Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN on DSL-3872

9 REPLIES 9
Jeffbrown1
Chatterbox

I've just installed a DSL-3872 to replace one which was fitted in November 2018 but didn't work properly. I haven't been able to access VPN since November but was advised by TalkTalk that it was down to my laptop, not the router settings.

Posts on this forum suggest VPN doesn't work with the DSL-3872 and the only solution is a different router. If this is the case, can it be actioned from here or do I need to go back to Customer Service?

Thanks 

Community Team

Hi Jeffbrown1

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement HG633 router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Jeffbrown1
Chatterbox

Yes please. What info do you need?

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi Jeffbrown1

I've pushed a newer firmware, give this a try and see if it works with your vpn.

Thanks

Karl. 

Jeffbrown1
Chatterbox

It hasn't worked yet. Do I need to turn the router off and on, or wait longer?

Thanks 

Community Team

Hi

Reboot the router and test.  If not working, let me know what vpn software you are using and what device eg. windows laptop etc.  Also, any error messages that you see.

Thanks

Karl. 

Jeffbrown1
Chatterbox

So far so good. Fingers crossed it is more relaible than the regular broadband service!

Thanks for your help.

Community Team

Hi

Glad this appears to be working.  When using VPN are you able to connect correctly, browse through your remote files and also browse internet pages ok when connected ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Jeffbrown1
Chatterbox

Yes, I am.

Thanks 

Community Team

That's excellent, thanks for confirming. 

With the VPN issue with the previous firmware, we are watching any of these threads for any early signs of issues.

Regards,

Karl.