Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN problem--DSL-3782

11 REPLIES 11
stede
First Timer

Hi, I cannot connect to my work VPN using my TalkTalk DSL-3782 router.  I have read that you can provide a different router to get round this problem, could you do this please?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will probably do as you request.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi stede

We now have new firmware that should resolve this issue, would you like me to test this?

Thanks

Debbie

stede
First Timer

Hi Debbie, sounds good, do I have to do anything?

Community Team

Hi stede,

I'm having some problems communicating with your router so can you switch your 3782 off and back on again and let me know when you've done this, I'll then try updating your firmware again.

Chris

Community Team

Hi stede,

I've had another go at updating your firmware, seems to be going through OK so could you please retest and let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

stede
First Timer

Hi Chris,

IIjust tried it again, and sadly I am still experiencing the same problem, the VPN software keeps disconnecting and trying to reconnect, making the service unusable.

Community Team

Hi stede

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send a replacement HG633 router?

Thanks

Debbie

stede
First Timer

If you are confident this will fix the problem, then yes please.  Thanks very much for your help.

Community Team

Hi stede

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Andrewww
Chatterbox

Hi all,

I am having the exact same issues as above. Could I please get a replacement router too? I confirmed that it works - family members have the older model. 

I would greatly appreciate this.

Community Team

Hi Andrewww,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks