Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN problem -- routre D-Link D-3782 router

dreylago
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

As many users here, I cannot connect with VPN to my office throught Talk Talk.

I can confirm that I am able to connect through VPN with my mobile phone data provider. It means that there is something with TalkTalk that prevents connection.

I my router is a D-Link  DSL-3782... I have read on these forums that this router does not support VPN and there is no new firmware available as of today.

I very much appreciate any help on how to make Talktalk support solve this issue. Maybe flag this thread to get their attention.

I have my client information already configured in my profile.

Kindest regards

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi dreylago,

I've ordered the router, should be with you withing a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your response... please send me the new router of different make and model.

Please let me know if you need something else from me...

Kind regards,

dreylago

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi dreylago,

As Keith has said, we can send you a different make and model of router, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

The current firmware on this router blocks VPNs. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will normally offer you a VPN capable router as a replacement.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes