Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN service on HG633 router How to?

Bobaitch
Participant
Message 28 of 28

Hello, Looking to configure vpn service on my HG633 router, most of posts I've read don't answer the question directly, just seem to hover around the subject The Hg633 is running 

Hardware versionH.1.01 

Software versionv2.00t
any help much appreciated

Aitch
Aitch
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Hi Bobaitch 

The HG633 router should work ok for VPN connections. Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

yea ta, just got my cash refunded, was an exceptional deal, pity couldnt make it work ! windows not a problem worked ok, hotspot not possible only in beta, and not working good, nightmare few days, had travel router set up but only 3meg, not quick enough, trying another provider but not great first impression ! have another router to try if can't set up new vpn on tt

Aitch
0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi @Bobaitch

PureVPN say they have a 31 day money-back guarantee.

For the PureVPN client software just download to your device. Here's the Windows PC download. But if your device is a MAC PC then go to the MAC download page.

The download pages also have installation guides.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 24 of 28

Hello Sorry, its purevpn (very cheap offer) not able use it though so expensive mistake maybe!

Aitch
0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

...so coming at it from another angle, what VPN service do you wish to use?

0 Likes

Bobaitch
Participant
Message 26 of 28

Hello, Many thanks, the device has no app or interface that can be configured or  that can be used, just an ethernet port  

Aitch
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 27 of 28

Hi Bob

As promised, this topic is awaiting the OCE's on Monday.

However, perhaps I can help.  There is nothing to configure on the HG633 router to enable VPN passthrough as that's already enabled by default.

All you need to do is run a VPN client on a device connected to the router and you should be able to connect to your chosen VPN provider.

What VPN service is it and do they recommend using a particular DNS or MTU settings on the router?

0 Likes