Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN

2 REPLIES 2
Rose56
First Timer

I am at my wits end trying to liaise with Talk Talk to be able to work from home. I had in excess of 20 chats some for over an hour and still no answers.  Yesterday my chat ended with Talk Talk say "the query you have raised is not related to the services provided to customers. Kindly contact the people where you work so you can setup port forwardingto connect to the work server and work from home". This is so frustrating. My work IT department has set up everything from their end and I can log into the server at my sisters house using her BT broadband.  I would appreciated this being sorted out ASAP as I have to set up a work station at home in the next week or 2 (not at my sisters house a mile away!).  I have already been sent a new router which is exactly the same as the Dlink super router I already have.  I was told by a talk talk representative that they cannot specify which router will be sent out!  Really?   I am not receiving the service that I am paying for. Please assist ASAP

KeithFrench
Community Star

I presume then that the D-Link router you have is the DSL-3782, this did have firmware issues preventing VPN access. This has now been fixed in firmware V1.10. To check which version you are running, please log in to the router & go to:-

Management > System Settings

Scroll down to the Device Information section, where it is stated.

If it is not V1.10, please let me know & I will ask TalkTalk to upgrade it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Rose56

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that your router has the latest firmware version.

I can send a replacement HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie