cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very Frustrating home move experience (so far)

19 REPLIES 19
mrb1972
Team Player

Hi,

Been a long time talktalk customer, we recently booked the home move service in our new build, all appeared to go smoothly with install est live date on the 12th August.

Engineer arrived and started work, but wasn't able to complete, since then it's been a very frustrating experience, after many calls and live chats we had been advised work would complete on the 13th, then 14th, 16th, then definitely the 19th, today I am told it is now due to complete on the 22nd but they can't give me a go live date..

We work from home  so it's now causing a massive issues not to mention cost of topping up mobile data, not happy and not really getting any satisfactory answers from talktalk.

I appreciate they are in the hands of openreach but even so in it’s been a very disappointing and frustrating experience so far.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @mrb1972 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi mrb1972

Really sorry that you are having problems. 

The update on the order states that the work will be carried out in the next 24 hours. We can check for an update tomorrow 22nd. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

mrb1972
Team Player

Thank you for taking the time to investigate for me, however I remain sceptical because I was told the same thing on the 19th, every update I get so far just kicks the can down the road to another date.

Community Team

I'm sorry, I know it must be really annoying. If you could bump the thread tomorrow, as Arne suggested, we can check for further updates 

Chris

mrb1972
Team Player

Bumping thread as advised

mrb1972
Team Player

I had no contact today from anyone so had to chase up again only to be told "There is an activity that has to be complete before activation and we are to review on 28/08/2019 as this is expected to be complete, for your order to progress for completion."

So more kicking the can down the road, no explanation of the delay, no activation date.... fuming 

Community Team

HI @mrb1972   Really sorry that this dragging on, Sadly we our hands are tied as only Openreach can carry out the work required and we can only give you the information that they give us.  The last information give was "original routing is unavailable and we are working to provide an alternative route"

Sorry again. 

mrb1972
Team Player

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, ""original routing is unavailable and we are working to provide an alternative route", well that's new information I wasn't told that yesterday. 

I appreciate we are waiting on openreach to sort the issue, but its also the incorrect communication and misleading information that is frustrating.

Thanks

mrb1972
Team Player

Bumping this as waiting for update today

Community Team

Hi mrb1972,

I'm sorry, I can't see any further updates at the moment. I'll check again later 

Chris

mrb1972
Team Player

So I had to contact talktalk again as no one bothered to contact me with an update, to be told there is a delay (which I know), can't tell me what the delay is, can't tell me when the work is due to complete.

Told me a manager tried to call me today and left a voicemail which is not true, I have no missed calls or voicemails.

This is completely unacceptable

Community Team

Hi 

The update this morning is that an engineer is to be dispatched in within 24 hours to provide an update.

Sorry again for the delay with this.  

mrb1972
Team Player

Hmm, OK , I had a call back this morning from management who told me an engineer was booked to come on the 2nd Sept to "complete" the job.

mrb1972
Team Player

** Update **

Had an engineer visit today to "complete" the work, phone line is now working, can make calls and receive calls ok.

Still can't get broadband though, white led is on the router is solid (which means connection is ok I believe) but we can't get internet access. Engineer done all the tests he could which came back fine, suggested we speak to our ISP

Spoke to support who said they needed to adjust something on our account, wait 30 mins then reboot the router, which we did but it didn't help. Told I have to call back when I am back home with direct access to router.

Anyone seen this issue before? Strange the white led is solid but I can't connect

Community Team

Hi mrb1972

Apologies for the delay.

Your line is showing in sync and connected. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Debbie

mrb1972
Team Player

Hi,

Yes, talktalk managed to get it up and running last night, only getting about 3Mbps though currently, ok in the short term but will need to look at that, I really need fibre at some point soon

Community Team

Hi mrb1972

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router currently at the test socket? I can try a line optimisation to see if the speed increases, would you like me to try this?

Thanks

Debbie

mrb1972
Team Player

Yes it is, I believe the person I spoke to last night said optimisation would be running over the next few days and some other checks, I was told to give it a week. 

Not sure if you doing line optimisation too would confuse the issue, I will leave it up to you to decide

Thanks 

Community Team

Hi mrb1972

Thanks for your reply.

I will leave DLM to continue to monitor the connection. If you post back on this thread tomorrow then I can check the speed/connection stats again.

Thanks

Debbie