Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very low internet speeds - 0.2-0.7Mbps

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

For the last few weeks my internet speed has dropped dramatically, low res videos, buffering of websites etc. Speedtest at different times of day (one device connected and multiple) yields very low speeds, usually between 0.2-0.7Mbps maximum download speeds. Service status page reads 13Mbps athough this is clearly not the case. Already tried methods including restarting router, etc. No test socket so can't test that. Kindly sort this out as I am working from home and it is vital that this exceedingly frustrating issue be fixed as soon as possible!

Router stats:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
ADSL2+
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi jh44444, how many extensions do you have connected and does everything have a filter? I've run several line tests and the tests are great the only thing that indicates an issue is the poor speed and that normally suggests an internal wiring issue.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Turns out I was moving things around two weeks ago and forgot to put the microfilter back onto the phone line! Thank you so much for bringing that up, something I had forgotten about. Everything is back to normal now and sorry for the slightly upset tone!

Kind Regards,

JH

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Glad all is well now 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE