Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow speeds recently

Worldgeek
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

In the last few of weeks our upload speed has slowed down very much 

Previously we had sufficient bandwidth for video conferencing.

Zoom has become unusable which is a great shame for my elderly parents.

I ran all the TalkTalk status tests but no solution offered other than upgrading to fibre or paying for a new router.

Has our connection been capped for some reason?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi

I've reset the port and profile and the speed should have increased for you now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service that might be slowing your connection. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. They will be able to check your router and your connection to see if there are any issues limiting your speeds.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks @Skynet_TX,

Previously our bandwidth was sufficient for video chat and now it isn't.

Speed as follows:

Downstream Line Rate :4095 kbps
Upstream Line Rate :251 kbps

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Worldgeek,

If you log into your router what speed are you seeing for your upstream sync speed . If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the upstream speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

If you are on ADSL then the maximum upload speed possible is 1mbps, if you were on Fibre 35 that that can allow speeds of up to 10mbps. So upload speeds are quite limited for ADSL connections.

0 Likes