Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow upload speed

cdmurray
Participant
Message 5 of 5

And here we go again trying to type talk and get a diagnosis off somebody that is just reading off a cheat sheet.

Trying to insist that all the local phone lines and the exchange is good and its all in my house that the problem lays - nothing has changed in my setup!!!

Last Thursday / Friday a telephone company have been installing fibre optic lines from the junction boxes and presumably the exchange down my street and adjacent ones. This is when the problem occurred with my upload speed dropping to just 0.7mbps and has been the same right up to now, download speeds are above what they expect at 21mbps.

This is exactly what happened previously when I lost the upload/download completely with the Live chat getting me to check nothing was broken, disconnect this, connect that, reboot this etc etc which apparently proved that it was a fault in my home. Strange that after a couple of days that I was got back to and told that it was an exchange problem and would be fixed soon!!

Yeah great, type talking to somebody reading off a cheat sheet, apparently now he is going to escalate this issue to the SMC.

Yours extremely frustrated and just a little ticked off, (and ex IT)

rafo1
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi cdmurray

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. The sync speed is 21.8mb and upload sync speed is 1mb.

Is your router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

OK, let's wait for the support team to check from their end and see what they advise. 

cdmurray
Participant
Message 3 of 5

Speed test result. I have been having excellent upload speeds 500mb takes not a lot of time, now it just sits there looking at me just under 600mb on friday took nearly 3 hours, even small uploads of 3mb are taking 5 minutes or so.

rafo1
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Is that the sync rate at the router, or a speed test result? Your absolute max on an ADSL line is 1Mbps upstream. 

0 Likes