Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Connection

Ani1234
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I have been unable to connect with my Wifi with any device in the home in the last 12 hours.

I have shut down and rebooted and reconnected all devices twice.

the TALK TALK Provider name does not come up on any device i currently use

My Laptop - Talk Talk Wifi Connection not visible and connection was previously available 29/09/21 - Due to no connection i cannot work from home so i have to now travel to the office. I need this connection to work from home.

My Mobile - Android phone been using the wifi on this device for since with Talk talk and connection was previously available 31/09/21

My Alexa Device was connected to the Wifi 31/09/21 am

TV - used Netflix connection was available 30/09/21

TALK TALK box working normally

I have completed all the relevant site checks from here.

Please advise asap.

Anita Gore

A Gore
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

It does look to be the wifi signal from the router, if not this, then we can look at the devices, location etc and see if improvements can be made.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Karl

We can give that a try if it does not work do you have any idea as to what else it could be

A Gore
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi

I've a different model Hub on the way to you to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Ani1234
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 13

Hi All updated the HUB i use is not that old and the light is as should be when connected. All my wireless and TV connections were working on Sunday Morning 29/08/21 then suddenly stopped i am getting no Wifi signal at all and its now been well over 36 hours with no internet. I tried my TV that is connected to my Freeview box to access netflix and it clearly says no connection so something is not correctly working even though the Hub Router says i am connected.

A Gore
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Anita  

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.  

Thanks  

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Anita

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 13

@Ani1234 I've just merged your two topics about this problem together to avoid confusion, it is best to just stick to one topic for each specific issue. The staff here only work office hours, so they will not reply until tomorrow, however I've provided some additional things above that you might want to try.

Message 8 of 13

I've just seen your other post where you gave a few more details. If none of your wireless devices can see the Wi-Fi network to connect to, then if you have a device you can connect 'wired', can you use it to go to http://192.168.1.1/ and log into your router and see if it says if the wireless is enabled or disabled. If it is disabled see if you can enable it, if you can't then try a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi @Ani1234,

What model of router do you have ?

What light(s) are showing on the router ?

Do you have any 'wired' devices, if so, do they also have the same problem ?

Can the wireless devices actually see the Wi-Fi network to connect to it ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.

0 Likes

Ani1234
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 13

According to this site my broadband is working according to my TV. My Android Phone. My Alexa. My Laptop. My printer i have no Internet/Wifi connection. My router says i am connected. But nothing is coming through. I need my internet back on i mainly work from home until today. I have followed all the trouble shooting suggestions i have un plugged and re connected all devices No Connection. I have re booted No Connection. It has now been 24 hrs no connection. What is the issue.

Anita

A Gore
0 Likes

Ani1234
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 13

All info is updated 

A Gore
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi Anita,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes