Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We suspect an issue with your broadband / no results sent after a week

CAH222
Chatterbox
Message 20 of 20

My broadband speed is at around 40 (I am on Fibre 65), when I check the speed/service I get the message "We suspect an issue with your broadband' so I enter my mobile and start the test. I've never recieved a text explaining any results and it's been saying the same thing for about a week now.

Is there an online chat function or a direct email to contact as the help pages just go around in circles ?

Also my account mentions TV via the TTBox but I've not got one, should this have been sent when I upgraded to Fibre 65 ?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Message 2 of 20

Will do, thanks for your help

Message 3 of 20

Hi CAH222

Thanks for your reply.

The line tests are clear so I wouldn't worry about the service centre message.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread and we will take another look.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 20

Hello, I powered off the router than ran two speed tests, wired and through wifi, as you can see they are virtually the same -

Wired 57.2

WIFI 57.7

I still get the 'we suspect an issue' if I go to the service tab when wired or on wifi - should I be concerned by that ?

As the speed is almost at the guaranteed speed of 58 I will leave it as it is unless it falls off again.

Also for info I posted back the old router in the prepaid returns bag today,

Thanks

Message 5 of 20

Message 6 of 20

Ok thanks for the reply, I will do that later when I can and report back on this thread.

Message 7 of 20

Hi CAH222

Thanks for your reply.

It would be worth powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then running another speed test.

Could you also run the service check when connected wired?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 20

Hello,

Connection lagged a bit last night but seems to have settled on around 50 as it's speed.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't say how it is now but when I tried the service check this morning I'm still getting the 'we suspect an issue with your broadband' and asks to run a test etc ?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi CAH222

Thanks for your reply.

I can see that your router has now updated to the latest firmware version.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is now in sync at just under 60mb.

How has the connection been?

CAH222
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 20

Hello Karl,

Router arrived at the weekend and has been set up, the speed has improved to the early 50's which shows as 'poor' on the speed test, also I'm still getting the "We suspect an issue with your broadband" and also 'You have a Sagemcom-FAST5364 but the software needs updating to the latest version'. 

I also then removed the front plate of the test socket and plugged it in to test the speed which made no difference.

What should I do now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

No Problem 🙂

Should arrive in the next day or two.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 12 of 20

Ok great thanks Karl, I will test when it arrives and return to this thread to confirm either way,

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi

A new Hub is on the way for testing. If this is the same, then the next option is for an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hello, No unfortunately I only have the one router from when I first joined talktalk

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi

Tests are showing clear, so I would stick with us here to progress this.

Do you have access to another router for testing to rule out a hardware issue before we look towards an engineer for you.  We can provide a router if required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hello, I left the router off for approx 1 hour then connected up to the NTE socket. It has slightly improved the speed to the late 40s -when checking the service  status I'm still getting the 'We suspect an issue with your broadband' etc. Should I enter my mobile number and proceed with that ? Previously it's not worked and I never recieve any text or further information so not sure it worth trying again ?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi

OK, remember, turn the router off for 30 minutes before you connect to the main NTE socket and see if the speed increases.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CAH222
Chatterbox
Message 18 of 20

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I can't check the phone line for clarity as I don't have a phone that I can plug into it.

In terms of the Test Socket, there is one in a spare room upstairs that is unused (NTE 5C) but the main socket that is used in the lounge is type 'Non-NTE'.

I will turn off and relocate the router later when it's not in use to see if that has any improvement, I'll then reply here.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hi

Usual line tests are passing and the line profile is set at 80mb.

The router is in sync at 49mb, this is below the estimated rate for the line.

Can you check the home phone and make sure there is a clear dial tone, no noise or crackles.

Also, please identify if you have a 'Test Socket' as this can help rule out any internal wiring issues.

Finally, as the profile is at 80mb, turn the router off for 30 minutes, then power back on and see if the speed improved.  This will start a new session between the router and exchange equipment and can often improve the speeds in situations such as this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes